Dropshipping

Georgina007
1 0 0

I'm setting up my own clothing company.  Looking to purchase from retail stores with my reseller license.  Does Shopify do pickup and storage from retail stores?

Replies 3 (3)
DMT-Mat
Shopify Partner
11 1 12

I don't believe Shopify themselves have a fulfilment service. 

https://sell.amazon.co.uk/fulfilment-by-amazon is one of the most popular fulfilment services, and there's likely a lot of smaller local services you could use too.

Need expert help with your Shopify Website? Message me or contact the team.
TeamSpocket
Explorer
66 5 11

Hi @Georgina007 ,

I think that the closest thing that Shopify has regarding this would be Shopify's Fulfillment Network. At the moment, this is something that is limited to US and Canadian-based businesses so you have to make sure that you meet the criteria needed if you'd like to apply. 

On the other hand, have you considered just plainly starting and focusing on dropshipping? In doing this, there's no need for you to find a physical warehouse for your items because suppliers will handle the shipping for you.

If you want to find out more, try Spocket! Spocket dropshipping is one of the fastest-growing companies right now which offers high-quality products from top-rated suppliers. Sign up and get your 14-day free trial on this link!

Shay
Shopify Staff
513 85 99

Hi @Georgina007 

Shopify does not have services for picking up products on your behalf, although for eligible merchants we do have storage and shipping facilities called the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN)

Our SFN is still quite new, because of this we do have some criteria for a business to be eligible. If you think that this might be of interest to you, this is the criteria that would need to be met for your business to be considered:

• Maximum of 200 active, distinct SKUs (including variants) with 15 additional per average daily order volume (i.e. 10 daily orders = 200 + 150 = 350 variants)
  • 3 + US or Canadian orders per day, through your Shopify store and sales channels
  • Products that weigh less than 35 lbs or or do not exceed 18 inches in any given dimension
  • Straightforward fulfillment; a package cannot exceed weight of 70lbs or girth of 108"
  • Inventory managed by Shopify and not a third-party app
  • No EDI or external sales channels
  • Must have Locations enabled
  • Products are not on the 'Prohibited items' list 
  • Merchants must get their own insurance

Outside of the SFN Shopify does not provide services for storage, shipping or product sourcing directly. That is an area of your business that you will have full control over. If you have additional questions let me know.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog