Re: Dual Pricing for One Product on Website and POS Locations

Dual Pricing for One Product on Website and POS Locations

chlomoney
Visitor
1 0 6

We are currently using Shopify to run our website as well as the Shopify POS for our 6 retail locations. For over a year now, I have been in contact with SO MANY people at shopify about finding a solution so that we can have a different price for our website and all of our locations. We have one main Shopify account. From there we have locations listed under that account. So for example, 

Product A: The online price needs to be $100, but in the atlanta location we need that same item to be $200 in-store. However, at our houston location that same product needs to be sold for $150. 

The only solution Shopify has given is to duplicate all of our products enough times so that each of our locations as well as our online store would have a folder for the same product. This is absolutely not feasible being that we have over 50,000 products currently on Shopify. Additionally, our online store pulls inventory from our retail locations, it does not have it's own inventory. If we duplicate all of the products, the entry for the online store will not update when a location sells that product. 

We have done research to see if there are any third party apps that can make this happen, and I see this has been an ongoing request for years now. I have even searched on google and youtube to see if there is anyway for us to do this ourselves. If there is anyone out there who has any solution, whether it be something we can code, or any software developer that can create something like this? Our company has put in so much money to switch to Shopify completely, but the lost sales that this is causing is going to force us to switch to a different system all together. 

Anybody have any suggestions?

Replies 44 (44)

JenMu
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm on the hunt for the same solution. I only see apps & APIs for geo pricing for different countries not cities... ?? Anyone have an app, or API solution for zipcodes?

It can be simple too --- zipcode = 10% price increase..... this doesn't have to be difficult - anything is better than nothing - Please advise.

riccsozz
Tourist
6 0 3

We also have exactly the same issue and it appears that there's absolutely nothing out there that can be used to do this, except for as you say, duplicating products, which for us is also not feasable due to the quantity of items in our inventory. Come on Shopify, this needs to be sorted very quickly

Silverlan
Visitor
2 0 2

Oh man--I was really hoping to find a different answer when I came here. We have a similar problem -- using Shopify for our online store plus POS for in-person sales at our gallery. Because we make our own things and sell them wholesale as well as B2C, we use a higher markup for our online pricing than we do in-studio. That way we're giving our retail partners the room they need for their mark-ups, and we can offer "free shipping" to online buyers.

I've been using QB-Commerce (fka TradeGecko) to track inventory, and have very successfully used their custom price lists to assign the appropriate pricing in these different categories. Unfortunately, I can't figure out whether (and if so, how) I can sync pricelist A to our online Shopify store and pricelist B to our Shopify POS.

Like Chlomoney said... does anyone have a solution? Is there an app developer who can take this on? 

Frankly, even a "price override" feature within the POS would help!

Gapstow
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Unfortunately, Shopify only allows one price point per product (technically 3- “price”, “compare at price” -visual only, and “cost” - only internally visible).  Because the online store and the POS pull from the same data, you have to have the same price online as in store.  That said, there are a couple of workarounds that might be beneficial.  

The one that I think would likely be your best bet at this point would be to open two separate Shopify stores.   One for POS and one for online sales.   Then sync them bother with an inventory management app to make sure each time there was a sale, the inventory would reflect in each. Some of these inventory solutions (like OrderHive) allow you to set and manage pricing from the “central hub” (like orderhive) and push separate price points to each store as well.  If that’s not the case, you’d just want to make sure that the inventory syncing software/app only pushes inventory info and not pricing info between the two stores.  

Then you could have separate pricing for separate stores (POS and Online). 

Specializing in Shopify design, Development, and growth strategy

nomadbrad
Shopify Partner
8 0 34

This is an easy fix for Shopify but they won't listen to thousands of customers asking for it and implement it. Shopify please listen and allow different pricing for POS vs online.

cpinto7
Tourist
5 0 8

I landed here also looking for a solution for this problem. I fall on the criteria of the first post. It is a very difficult problem to deal with and we are exploring alternatives to solve this outside of Shopify. Would love for there to be a per location pricing option.

Teranis
Excursionist
11 0 1

New user to Shopify, and seeing that my current concern has been a concern for other customers for the last 2-3 years at the least is really sad. We too have an online store with 1 price (mainly) for items, but we are going to be attending some events soon and would like to offer special pricing for the events without is reflecting on our website. Pretty sad that that isn't possible after all this time. Maybe I'll try the inventory syncing app that @Gapstow mentioned earlier if I am able to make a secondary store with my current subscription. Hope Shopify does something about this soon. Would be nice. Really nice.

Edit 1: Nevermind. Saw the price tag on OrderHive. We aren't big enough to where we can charge that on a monthly basis just for inventory management.

cpinto7
Tourist
5 0 8

Solving this problem is probably a multi-million dollar revenue stream for Shopify. I am quite surprised this is not something that Shopify supports.Imagine the amount of money that is being left on the table by not begin able to sell a product at a higher margin per location? The % fee that Shopify takes per transaction could be higher for all of the merchants that require this feature to charge a higher price per location. This is a no brainer at the scale of Shopify and the number of orders/merchant it is handling per day. If you are a community manager reading this reply, this is probably a golden opportunity to show it to your manager or director and put together a strong case.

Shahrooz
Shopify Partner
5 0 7

Same problem since 2020. There are multiple retail stores and each store location sometimes needs different pricing.  Web is also a different location that sometimes also needs it's own pricing. Some of the locations that are different are in the same zipcode.

We are currently creating multiple products for each location and connecting them together with fashion ERP app AIMS360.

AIMS360 Apparel Software allows the inventory to be synced for these multiple products and sales of the multiple products to show as one product in AIMS360 and AIMS360 reports. Of course, this means all reports have to be done in AIMS360.

Hopefully, Shopify will fix it someday as workarounds always creates additional complications.

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

I am working on something to fix this for people. If you're interested please message me. I'd love to help you as well. 

My thought it you will need to build an app based on the Shopify api. I have developed two apps and think this may be my third. Depending on interest.

Henry

Teranis
Excursionist
11 0 1

I'm quite interested in this. Just to specify, I don't see myself opening up multiple locations anytime soon. My main concern is being able to offer my customers tax-free purchases during shows/events (we are in a sales tax state, I'll be covering that for my customers during those events), whereas the online store still charges tax where appropriate (automated through Shopify with our current plan). At our previous couple shows I was entering all the discounts by hand and it was taking time out of what was important for us, which was interacting with our customers.

Cpointpond
Excursionist
18 0 24

This would be awesome.  I currently am new to Shopify POS user coming from Intuit and run my website separately due to this.  One price for online and one price for the store would be superb.  Small business so app would need to be affordable.

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Hey, I followed up with you via PM. Please respond when you have a moment. Henry

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

We have started the build of this. If you're interested, comment below and I will DM you. We are going to make it free for the first few users so we can get everything ironed out.

Talk soon,

Henry

Screenshot 2024-01-23 at 11.15.30 PM.png

spicehubofindia
Visitor
2 0 1

I am interested please let me know

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Great, I am having calls with early customers now. Message me and we can set up some time.

Cpointpond
Excursionist
18 0 24

I have quite the learning curve going on within Shopify POS, but definitely interested.

artspepperco
Shopify Partner
3 0 0

I am interested in helping with this project in any way that I can. I love debugging especially if it helps solve a problem that Shopify refuses to address.

Denver3
Visitor
1 0 0

Interested!

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Can you message me? I can't message you but would love to talk through the product with you.

kriangk1
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

Hey, keen to learn more about this too.

athompson731
Visitor
2 0 1

I am interested in this.  How long before it is operational?

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Probably 1 week. Releasing only to beta testers at first. Feel free to DM to be a beta tester.

Henry

spicehubofindia
Visitor
2 0 1
Sure
We can be certainly beta tester

Thanks
athompson731
Visitor
2 0 1

I can not figure out how to DM you but I am interested in learning more about being a beta tester.

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Can you email me henry at iziGift.co ? Also, I’m going to delete this email in a few hours so please save before I need to delete.

Henry 

simplealchemyco
Tourist
8 0 1

I would love to be a beta tester!

Louise_Buisson
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Henry,

I would also like to know how your app is coming along!

Does this mean I could create a second online store that is aimed at wholesale? Or would it only work within the one shopify account; one online store, multiple POS? Many thanks

Louise

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Hey @Louise_Buisson,

This is designed for a single Shopify instance. For a wholesale site can't you just use Shopify B2B?

Louise_Buisson
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi Henry, Shopify B2B is too expensive, unless it has changed. Certainly for the volume of sales that we do. But on the basis that we can set up different prices for different POS, would that be a work around? Many thanks, Louise

JustBuck
Visitor
1 0 0

did this happen? We are looking for a solution for different prices for pos over online as well

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

@JustBuck@athompson731, we are getting close on this. Can you sign up on the website below so we can get you signed up as Beta testers?

https://pospricing.carrd.co/

Henry

kccattleco
Visitor
1 0 0

I desperately need this ASAP. How do I get ahold of you?

simplealchemyco
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey Henry, is this still in development? I too am in great need of multiple prices for the same inventory SKUs.

Eduh84
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I am very interested in this. How can I have access to it?

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Hey @Eduh84, can you fill out the questionnaire here?

https://pospricing.carrd.co

henry

MaltaApparel
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Henry,

We are very interested and have a GIGANTIC event we are looking to use this on in 10 days. Any shot your app is ready?

Thanks!

Shahrooz
Shopify Partner
5 0 7

The AIMS360 app is in the Shopify store and you can start using it. https://apps.shopify.com/aims360

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Hey @MaltaApparel, yes we are in the App Store now. We’re doing a bit of a slow roll out but you’re more than welcome to join. Can you fill out the info at the link below?

I’ll reach out to you once you do.

Henry

itspriyanka
Shopify Partner
45 0 6

Am interested in this. Already filled out the form. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Priyanka

Pinsk
Visitor
1 0 0

We’d love to learn more! 
info@cantfindit.com.au 

Mattsdugout
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

Can you message me.  I am really interested in this.  We need this desperately 

Talktohenryj
Shopify Partner
118 0 21

Hey @Mattsdugout, can you sign up here. I'll reach out so we can get you set up?

ProfitLabs
Shopify Partner
145 6 19

Hi Merchants / Store Owners,

We faced a similar issue with our stores and found the the current solution either too clunky or very expensive, this lead us to take charge and create a simple solution that should simply work like flipping a switch.

Here is App ink:  https://apps.shopify.com/sync-master-gogo

Here is our Step wise Solution to this Problem, please read the summary here before you decide to invest your next 5 minutes on the app page

• You need to create multiple products specifically for every Location.
  • At product level, you may publish them separately on their respective sales channels. As they are different products, they can be priced differently.
  • In the Product variant properties, just make sure they have same sku as they anyways represent same base physical product. Lastly make sure the location specific product is only available at that location and other locations are turned off.
  • Download the app, Go to app settings and associate all of these locations, which tells the app that it needs to sync inventory from all these locations.
  • in the app settings just activate Auto Sync. This will make sure any new inventory delta is synced across all duplicate products in real time. That's it. Don't open the app again. Ever.
  • When the new inventory arrives, only update it for your main product, app will manage the inventory of duplicates, no need to worry.

If you need something more, We also offer free 1:1 onboarding meet, to understand your custom requirements, just download the app and book a call.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

Abhinav | Shopify Partner
- If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
- Creator of Sync Inventory - GoGo - Sync Inventory Across Multiple or Single Shopify Store .
- Creator of Profit Bundles - Sell Omni Sales Channel Bundles that you can fulfill yourself or even by a 3PL or Dropshipper.