Dynamic Checkout and Line Item Properties

Rebekah_Hemmer
4 0 0

Does anyone know if the new dynamic checkout is incompatible with line item properties? When I use the dynamic checkout button to purchase an item, the line item property is not showing in the cart. I have searched high and low and can't find any documentation about this. I know cart attributes are incompatible with dynamic checkout, but what about line item properties? Thanks in advance! 

Replies 10 (10)
Don
Shopify Staff
1598 107 216

Hi there Rebekah!

Don here from Shopify!

I was looking into this query for you along with our escalated teams who would like to take a closer look into this with you.

Would you mind sending an email to support@shopify.com from the address you use to log into Shopify?

If you could add some info there on what you're hoping to be able to do and give some examples of orders you have made while testing this would be great.

You can add your ticket number here when you get one and we can grab it from here or you may get an answer directly on the email from another member of our support team depending on our wait times.

We will take a closer look at this along with some specific examples from your store to see what we can advise here. 

Look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Rebekah_Hemmer
4 0 0

Thank you, Don. I have submitted a support ticket. 

NtSpoke
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hi, 

I also have the same issue. I need to pass line item properties (product variant) to checkout from the dynamic checkout button. 

This issue is preventing me from showing the button to my customers.

Thanks!

Rebekah_Hemmer
4 0 0

Unfortunately, when I last spoke to support, they said they do not currently have plans to integrate line item properties with dynamic checkout because line item properties is "unsupported".  (https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for...) That was a 2 months ago, so hopefully they will decide to add the functionality. 

MartyBoggs
Tourist
3 0 0

I noticed for the first time today that Shopify's dynamic checkout buttons will now pass line item properties directly to the checkout page.

hdonlinework
18 0 0

@MartyBoggs 

can you tell me how ???

MartyBoggs
Tourist
3 0 0

You can add an input element in your form element like this. Replace "key" with whatever you want.

<input type="text" name="properties[key]">

Or you can use an app like this one

https://apps.shopify.com/best-custom-product-options

sakurasanchez
2 0 0

Thanks for that quick solution but shopify should rethink about this

hemp products and more
hdonlinework
18 0 0

@MartyBoggs 

no , the question was about how to create a checkout link with line item property

as currently we can send variant id and quantity to the checkout , we want to know how to send lineitem property too

do you have any idea ???