Easy way to switch to Square? Need out of this shopify greed trap.

Rivertowninkery
Explorer
56 0 32

I can't take being on Shopify and need out.  Right now I just feel trapped because I spent so much on getting my website built.  With the horrible new POS release, and their unbearing push to squeeze more money out of me each month, I cant take any more.  Most recently they "updated" the inventory management system but again left me high and dry unless I upgrade to PRO.

SO  my question.  Is there a service that can take my shopify store and rebuild it in squarespace?  I am willing to pay, I just need out of shopify.  I can't use the POS anymore and if I paid for pro on all my locations, Plus now I would have to pay for an inventory management app, it would cost me over $500 a month. 

0 Likes
Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
659 163 195

Squarespace and Shopify are totally different platforms and solve different needs. I am not sure the scale of your business, but there are specialized eCommerce platforms, which have their own very niche pros and cons. But truthfully, they all come with costs.

It's important to perform a full assessment of your business plan, what you want to achieve short term and long term, as well, factor in potential expansions/integrations.  Ultimately, migrating stores from one platform to another is usually very costly! As well, getting integrations in orders sometimes could be a challenge and drive up the costs so that the new ecom website operates in a similar fasion.

These are just general things to consider.

I hope I've provided some insight.

- I am an eCommerce and Marketing Technology consultant based in Toronto, CANADA.
- To inquire about consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message.
- For Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
0 Likes
Rivertowninkery
Explorer
56 0 32

Well, the way shopify is 100% shareholder driven now really makes me not trust them, so I am willing to deal with other platforms weaknesses in exchange for being cared for as a customer.

Also the new POS is terrible and really inefficient, so I will need to switch to clover or something else regardless if I keep my e-commerce platform with shopify

0 Likes