Error Message: Checkout session is gone

oekohofkiste
Tourist
5 0 3

I think neither the theme is causing the issues (we're using debut) nor the redirection from instagram to the shop (we don't use instagram). 

But it must have something to do with BeeClever. The coincidence that we all use the same cookie tool would be too big in my opinion. We tried to contact BeeClever's support 6 days ago, but have not yet received a response. The Shopify Support also didn't respond. 

We also noticed that the problem only occured a few weeks ago (before that everything worked fine) ... Maybe it's really due to an update from BeeClever or Shopify ?!

0 Likes
minc
Excursionist
54 0 8

I just had the Error in my own Browser again... although I don't know how to trigger it.

Anyhow: again: by changing cookie settings to "only essential" and back to "accept all" fixed the issue in that browser session.

Maybe someone can confirm that this fixes the session?!

0 Likes
lauralovesEcom
2 0 0

I was wondering: Are you guys shopify plus? We are plus customers and it seems that we don't face this problem....

@minc Did your problem occur before the 14th of April or onnly after? As I said, I think it has something to do with customers, which went to your shop on the 14th of April...maybe in combination with the gdpr banner. 

What is the name of the URL, when you get this error?

0 Likes
minc
Excursionist
54 0 8

@lauralovesEcom

non plus

first time a customer came up with this error message: last week
first time seen in my browser: mid last week
second time in my browser: today

Both times I was logged in as admin in the same browser and could fix it like mentioned.

URL: will check next time I see it

0 Likes
GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

Hello, 

i am Matteo from the gdpr legal cookie team. 
We investigated the problem you all have with the checkout session. On 14. of April shopify changed something in the checkout and all sessions from this day are the reason for this problem. It has nothing to do with the cookie App. For more Informations we will inform all customers in the next days. It helps, when cache will deleted for having a new session. 

Regards 

Matteo - Team Support 

minc
Excursionist
54 0 8

Hi Matteo from @GDPRteam

thanks for your comment.

Could you explain a little bit more how to come to this conclusion?

How do you explain that I've seen the same error twice in the same browser? The first glitch could have been a session from 14/4 but what about the second?

cheers

0 Likes
Dika
2 0 1
Hey Matteo, since we deleted your app, the problem doesnt exist anymore. we already installed another cookie app and no problem occurs.
0 Likes
GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

Good Morning, 

We would like to take a stand here once again.

We have investigated this problem in several stores, including stores that do not use our app. We found the error there as well. This alone suggests that our app is not responsible.

In addition, we can trace the error back to an outage on the part of Shopify on April 14, which invalidates some sessions in the EMEA area. These sessions are valid for different lengths of time and as long as this session is valid, there will be an error in the cart and around checkout.

Another reason why our app cannot be responsible is the fact that we have no influence on which sessions are set. In the app, only known cookies can be defined as essential. If known cookies change, our software can only do one thing, block them.

We recommend deleting the cache, the support at support@gdpr-legal-cookie.com can help, but unfortunately we have an increased traffic there, because many new customers want to use the app.

0 Likes
GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi, 

he reason is that your new banner does nothing but be a banner, but then it is nothing legally compliant and if it does block cookies, it is only because it does not know the sessins of April 14.

0 Likes
JurjanG
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi GDPR team,

Thanks a lot for the reply and explanation. We do indeed like the way the GDPR app functions. 

However, how would you explain that almost all in this thread make use of your app and that in multiple cases, including in ours, the problem was solved as soon as we disabled the GDPR app? In our cases, we even tried deleting the cookies and cache but this didn't work, this only worked when we disabled the GDPR app. We have had a similar issue in the summer of 2020, where our conversion rate dropped significantly and again it was solved when disabling the GDPR app. Can you share your view on this?

Also, is there a reason it is so hard to reach someone at BeeClever? It would be really helpful if we could talk to someone from your company when we suspect such an issue is going on. 

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Likes