Solved

Error on Testing mode for placing order

CardDia_Flashca
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

I am trying the testing mode for placing an order at my website, I entered the testing information but it returns an error message saying that the credit card info cannot be verified. Could you please help?

Attached please find the screenshot for your reference.

CardDia Flashcards - Knowledge in a pocket
Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @CardDia_Flashca!

From the screenshot you shared, it appears that you're using the Shop Pay accelerated checkout. You're encountering an error while attempting to test this checkout because it's currently not possible to use Shop Pay in test mode. The only way to test Shop Pay is to place a test order with a real transaction.

If you wish to test your checkout and Shopify Payments, you will need to go through the standard checkout. If your checkout is automatically redirecting you to Shop Pay, you can click Check out as guest at the bottom of the Shop Pay checkout to go to the standard checkout. You can use the test credit card information on the Payments page of the standard checkout, after going through the Information and Shipping pages.

This is how the standard checkout looks like on mobile:

alt

The highlighted credit card section is where you need to enter the test credit card information:

alt

Are you about to launch your store? If so, you may want to look at our launch checklist so you can be fully equipped for a successful opening day. You can access it anytime on this page.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Dbuglabpvtltd
Shopify Partner
705 75 113

Hi @CardDia_Flashca 
Please add 1 here only 1 then test order will work.

Dbuglabpvtltd_0-1647367224212.png

banned
CardDia_Flashca
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

HI @Dbuglabpvtltd Thanks for your reply, but it still doesn't work.

payment20220316.jpg

Sajat
Shopify Partner
192 19 34

Hello,

Card Number - 1

Name on card - Bogus Gateway

Date - Future date (e.g. 05/25)

CCV - 111

Please try using this one. It should work.

CardDia_Flashca
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

Thanks for your reply, but it still doesn't work.

payment20220316a.jpg

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @CardDia_Flashca!

From the screenshot you shared, it appears that you're using the Shop Pay accelerated checkout. You're encountering an error while attempting to test this checkout because it's currently not possible to use Shop Pay in test mode. The only way to test Shop Pay is to place a test order with a real transaction.

If you wish to test your checkout and Shopify Payments, you will need to go through the standard checkout. If your checkout is automatically redirecting you to Shop Pay, you can click Check out as guest at the bottom of the Shop Pay checkout to go to the standard checkout. You can use the test credit card information on the Payments page of the standard checkout, after going through the Information and Shipping pages.

This is how the standard checkout looks like on mobile:

alt

The highlighted credit card section is where you need to enter the test credit card information:

alt

Are you about to launch your store? If so, you may want to look at our launch checklist so you can be fully equipped for a successful opening day. You can access it anytime on this page.

CardDia_Flashca
Shopify Partner
16 0 1

It works! Thank you very much for your help! 🙂

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Fantastic! My pleasure, @CardDia_Flashca. Don't hesitate to post again if you have any other questions or concerns!