EU Import One Stop Shop (IOSS) support

Morning
Excursionist
20 0 7

I mean... you kinda did make an absolute statement:

The IOSS rules are different than the VAT rules and does not require you to collect VAT on shipping. I have a Swedish document that states that but I am going to translate it and get it on the forum.

And to back that up you quoted a section of a document - a section dealing with intrinsic value, not taxable amount. And ignored the implication that VAT is due on shipping on pages 19 and 20 of that document, an implication shared on page 68 of the Explanatory Notes. And that transport and insurance costs are included in the customs declaration for IOSS consignments and are to be transmitted to the gloriously named Surveillance, from which VAT due and VAT paid is cross checked. Not to mention the VAT Directive.

Fair enough. Seems a bold move, given what's in the VAT Directive and that document you quoted. And given what everyone else is doing. But you've got your advice, so fair enough.

0 Likes
RCG
Excursionist
17 0 3

Hello. We have been trying to figure out the website to register for an IOSS number and we are still coming up empty handed. There are a lot of these websites that are attempting to hold our hands through this whole process of registering and overcharge for it, but why do we need them? All we need the actual website to register, no?

It appears the VAT functionality is now live via tax settings in the shopify selling profile. 

We are losing a lot of business because we can't ship to EU anymore.

Where are the clear answers? Why is there no tutorial or assistance through this process from Shopify? Can someone help?

0 Likes
proben
2 0 0

Even if you do enter the IOSS number their systems are not working with it.  Our store currency is in USD and Shopifys system is confusing that with the Euro amount

Eg sale is $160 and less than the 150 Euros so tax should be added on at checkout

but it isnt as it thinks the $ amount is the Euro amount

Been trying to get this sorted with them for over 3  weeks now and will soon be involving our legal teams if it doesnt get sorted soon

0 Likes
Dbaca
Pathfinder
145 0 39

Our Shopify APP is ready. I will upload all the data without needing to do it manually. 

You will need to have your IOSS number from us. Then E-mail support@crossborderit.com with your Shopify Domain and we will build you a private link. 

In a few weeks when the public APP is working you will need to switch from the private app to the public one which will have more functionality. 

London_Loves_Be
Tourist
7 0 2

@Dbaca just emailed you guys, need that link asap, please.

0 Likes
RCG
Excursionist
17 0 3

@Dbaca what is your solution? I'd like to review.

0 Likes
Dbaca
Pathfinder
145 0 39
We are working on creating them.
0 Likes
Roseraie_Gal
1 0 0

I don't know whether I should claim VAT excluded.  Should I let the customers pay VAT upon the delivery?

What do you guys think?

0 Likes
AnyDevil
Excursionist
20 0 8

@Dbaca 

I emailed your business on Friday 10am UK time asking about the Shopify app link. On Monday you sent two emails from your own address, urging your customers to hurry up with their submissions and to reply to you if needed. I replied Monday evening saying I am waiting for your general support email to respond.  What is the current response timescale, please?

You mentioned in your email that you need these reports daily. I've asked on this thread on more than one occasion if you can please explain the daily requirement in more detail so we all can understand better, because these reports appear to be submitted monthly. It is incredibly manual to make these uploads (before there is access to your app), so it's much easier to make them once or a few times a month instead of daily.  I last asked about this here in a long message, to which you gave a very short reply that didn't acknowledge most of what I'd queried.

Regarding the ongoing debate here of whether VAT should be applied to the shipping charge and submitted via IOSS, or not, please see the EU IOSS bible that has previously been linked here.
On page 68-69 it mentions this (screenshot): "VAT is applied on the total value of the sale....the goods and the transport charges", which appears to state that the VAT is applicable on the shipping charge. You've mentioned before that Amazon and Shopify are getting it wrong by applying VAT on the transport charge. This suggests to me that they are handling it correctly, which would mean that Crossborderit isn't - can you please advise?

0 Likes
Dbaca
Pathfinder
145 0 39
We have submitted our app to Shopify. They expect that it will take five business days but that will get rid of this manual step at least for Shopify users. We quit sending the private app when Shopify expedited the approval for the Public app.

We are not just reporting VAT, We are working with clearance agents not all of them but some as this is the core of our main business. So we need to know what is in the system as soon as possible. I realize this is a challenge when folks are manual but it works automatically if you have the app. We will have other extensions shortly.

We do not like the manual aspect of the uploads either as they are challenging for us as well.
0 Likes