How can I prevent individual items from being purchased separately?

Beautgiftco
Tourist
7 1 0

hey guys.

i have a gift box business. there are two options, buy a pre made gift box all inclusive. or create your own gift box. with this option i have a bundle which takes you through steps of categories where you pick what you want in your gift box. this works well and i am happy with it. however those categories are available on the homepage and you can put these individual items in the checkout. is it possible to make it so you cannot purchase items by themselves, maybe make a prompt to customers that they need to purchase a "create your own box" to buy this item. I have put a small disclaimer at the bottom of every item but i am sure customers will look over this and no doubt someone would try by an item individually. any suggestions for this would be appreciated...

Replies 3 (3)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Yes this is possible it's a moderate to advanced customization depending on the app used and the UX niceties you need.

To get this customization contact me at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with this Topic, any other use-case details(apps) , the store name and theme name and storefront password if applicable.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Beautgiftco
Tourist
7 1 0

ah so you are saying this is not an easy fix? perhaps i should just change it all together??

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6275 574 1324

Probably not a 5 minute thing without seeing the details of the setup.

An alternative may be to use the locksmith app to prevent users from seeing those products pages but if your showing them on the homepage you need something custom.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org