Exporting entire vendor

Matthew_Maitlan
2 0 0

Hi there,

I know there is a way to export products by vendor, but shopify only exports the products visible (50 at a time, I need 113). Is there a way to export all products of a particular vendor all at once, and not 50 at a time so I dont have 3 different .csv files?

Many thanks,

Matt

Replies 5 (5)
Matthew_Buttler
Shopify Staff (Retired)
955 1 61

Hey Matt,

Currently there isn't really a way around having to export three CSV files, as the admin will only display 50 records at a time. I will, however, send in a feature request to see if this functionality can be added to the admin in the future.

Talk to you soon!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

Matthew_Maitlan
2 0 0

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. At the end of the day it is more about convenience, I can still achieve my objective but I guess we all want "quick and easy" when it comes to business. Please keep me posted regarding that feature request :).

Cheers,

Matt

Nof
1 0 0

@Matthew Buttler

I too am encountering this problem. It is a major flaw of the export system. Let say for example i have 1000 products by a single vendor. They inform me that they have a sale on. So i need to append their prices. The only way of doing this is by:

A. Exporting 20 different pages (20pages of 50 items)

or

B. Exporting my entire shopify product list.

B sounds like an ok solution at first but it is absolutely not. Here's why...If you have alt images you cannot filter by vendor in excel. This is because Shopify does not count the "vendor" tab in its alt images csv format.

So to solve this can you please append your csv formats so we can add "vendor" to alt images.

or, 

Do the right, user friendly thing....and let us simply download by Vendor.

I'm astonished this is not an option.

Regards

NOF

Matthew_Buttler
Shopify Staff (Retired)
955 1 61

Hey there!

We do have a feature request in with the developers for an export by vendor function, but at this current time we don't have any plans to implement this functionality into the CSV export. While it may not be on the horizon at this time, we are always looking to improve the platform to make it as flexible as possible to allow shop owners to quickly and easily complete these kinds of product maintenance jobs. I can totally see where you're coming from, so hopefully we can get this added in the future.

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

2hip4crate
1 0 0

Is there an update on this? This post was 8 years ago