Exporting products to Etsy shop

AmandaSee1984
Tourist
17 0 1

Hello all you beautiful humans! I am wanting to export all my products to my Etsy shop. What would be the easiest, best way to do this? Do I simply download the CSV sheets and import into Etsy? Is there an app or...? I could use all the help and info you got! Thank you 

Replies 2 (2)
Luna
Shopify Staff
285 30 38

Hey, @AmandaSee1984.

Thanks for reaching out! I completely understand the importance of being able to upload your products to Etsy. I'm happy to provide you with some more information. Since you will be moving your products from Shopify, to Esty, a Shopify app is likely not your best option. 

Before you start, it may be worth reaching out to Etsy to confirm which CSV file type will be compatible for uploading within their system. As they are a third party, I'm not able to confirm the process for migrating your products from Shopify to Etsy. However, if their system allows you to import CSV files, you will first want to export the product data from Shopify, as you mentioned. To do so, you can follow these steps:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.
  2. Click Export.

3. From the dialog box, choose the products you want to export:

4. Select which type of CSV file you want to export:

• CSV file for Excel, Numbers, or another spreadsheet program. Use this format if you plan to use a spreadsheet program to edit your product CSV file.
    • Plain CSV file. Use this format if you plan to use a plain-text editor with your product CSV file.
  5. Click Export products.

Now you will have a CSV file containing your product information. If Etsy allows you to import products using a CSV file, this will be your best course of action. Otherwise, please let me know and we can continue brainstorming.

In the meantime, are you planning on selling your products on both Shopify and Etsy? I'd love to hear more about your business! 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
285 30 38

Hey, @AmandaSee1984.

Just checking in with you. I hope my response was helpful. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to let me know.

All the best,

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog