Exporting products/Updating/Importing

Solved
Mad_Modeler
Pathfinder
136 1 24

If I export my products to perform updates vis a csv file, can I assume that Shopify only updates those products, or do I have to delete products I haven't updated before importing the file ?

Qualitycheck
Shopify Expert
1405 114 230

This is an accepted solution.

Well, Shopify only update those products that have been modified after getting updated via CSV file.

Usually, Shopify overwrites existing products but if there is no change made on some of the products then they will be intact. 

Hope it helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mad_Modeler
Pathfinder
136 1 24

Thanks a bundle, I thought it was the case, I just wanted to make sure it was so 

0 Likes
NationalworkQLD
4 0 0

OK - I have a similar issue.

I am integrating Retail Express with Shopify, and they won't sync as the Retail Express Supplier SKU does not match the Shopify SKU.

When we first setup Shopify we did not complete the SKU field, we just added Barcodes. I thought that we might just copy the Barcodes into the SKU column.

However, we recently added the Retail Barcode Generator App to our Shopify website. It seems to have changed all the barcodes instead of those which did not have barcodes.

I was wondering if there is a specific Mass Download of products from Shopify that I could copy all the Mass Upload info from Retail Express into, and upload the lot to Shopify again so that they will sync.

I want to try to keep all the Product Descriptions, Images and SEO information on the website, consequently I am trying to avoid deleting everything from Shopify and just uploading the Retail Express basic descriptions etc.

Regards,

Geoff Hopkins

National Workwear

07 5593 7299

0 Likes
Mad_Modeler
Pathfinder
136 1 24

In shopify Admin go to Products>  (Top of page) > Export Products> Choose all products >Click on "Export Products"

This will export your products to a CSV file, after a few minutes you will get an Email saying the file is available for download, from that file you can do all the updates you want, including barcodes, SKU's, Image files, pricing, everything, the one thing it leaves out though is "collections"

Hope this helps

0 Likes
NationalworkQLD
4 0 0

Thank you - this is an excellent solution.

I will have our data entry team get to work on it immediately.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Geoff Hopkins

National Workwear

0 Likes