FACEBOOK CATALOG IMAGE PULLING WRONG VARIANT

MCCLEERY
1 0 1

Hi, 

I'm having issues getting the Facebook catalog to display the correct hero image that is synced to my Shopify store. Facebook catalog us pulling a variant image of a product rather than the main Shopify product image. I've tried manually changing the images to the correct ones in the Facebook catalog but it reverts backs to the variant image. 

Can someone please help fix this issue? I've come across the Facebook debug link and applied this to a few products back it hasn't fixed this issue. 

Thanks so much. 

Replies 3 (3)
PerkyPlanters
2 0 2

I'm having the exact same problem with Facebook pulling across a variant photo (Which some of mine have measurements on them) instead of pulling my main Shopify photo. It's a pain as my Facebook shop doesn't look as polished as it could be.

I went into the catalogue and was able to change the featured image for each product, so did that for a few as a test, and came back the next day to find the original variant photo back. I then went into my Shopify store and deleted some of the variant photos with measurements hoping that after I saved them they would re-sync with Facebook and then have my main photo featured. This didn't work either. 

So now I'm trying to find an answer to get Facebook to sync only the featured main photo from Shopify, without having to start all over again.

I am hoping someone has a solution, I am all ears!

Thanks,

Tamara from Perky Planters

TristanYoung24
1 0 0

Hi, 

I am having the same issue, have you had any luck resolving this?

TikTakDesignCo
2 0 0

This was posted in another thread.  It's a bit of work but it fixes the problem.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I appreciate your post and your feedback. I can definitely understand why it's important for merchants like you to be able to order variants by their preference. You are also correct in that we have received this feedback before, and have logged this development request internally. 

To provide further context, the most displayed variant is pulled by the Facebook algorithm over which we have little control or influence. With that being said, there are certainly some 'hacks' you can use to display your desired variants and increase your conversion. 

Set up Facebook-only products

1. Set up custom products with availability only for the Facebook channel
  2. In these Facebook-only products, you can create variants as their own product ie. your base product for $199, with no variants
    Optional: set up other variant options as their own product

Couple things to look out for:

• be mindful of what other sales channel availability you want for your channel specific products
  • to prevent confusion for merchants, make your regular product (with all variants) unavailable on the Facebook channel

That should definitely do the trick, but if you have further questions don't hesitate to follow-up with me in this thread.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog