Facebook commerce account is violating integrity policies not eligible to engage in commerce

shopowner1
Tourist
5 0 25

Has anyone been able to resolve the issue of facebook not allowing you to delete and set up a new commerce account just to set up your shop?
I've spent HOURS trying to just delete everything Shopify related from my facebook accounts and it is infuriating.  I can't delete anything.. the pixels, the catalogs, the accounts.

I can't even get the legacy listings (that I actually don't sell anymore) removed. It is ridiculous and I'm super frustrated. 

Replies 55 (55)

uwugifts
Visitor
1 0 11

Also having this issue. I redid my store because other products were not selling. FB then blocked my commerce account and will not allow me to request another review. I don't even know what the issue is. 

Ohboll
Visitor
1 0 9

I have the same problem !! 

sherrie17
Tourist
5 0 1

same for me...thet disabled and suspended my commerce account and no one can tell me why. The last person I spoke with stated that my engagement is low and thats why I restricted my account. They know that if I cant tag my products no one will not see my post. They wont let me delete my commerce account because its restricted. This commerce account will forever be connected to my instagram and facebook. I feel stuck and hopeless

Peta
Tourist
4 0 3
Ahh it really sucks! It’s just so bad there is no support when small
businesses is really such a big part of instagram and they just don’t care.
Everything has to be hard for us.

PBCOSMETICS
Tourist
5 0 3
I do not understand why a company like Meta does not support small
businesses. Your company does nothing to support start-ups. You hinder
growth. Your position is one-sided, as you will allow us to run
advertisements and take our money but you won’t let us integrate our shop
so we can make money.

I have grown my following on TikTok from 80 follower to over 1100 in 4
days; My IG is in the thousands but my FB is static.

Your support has yet to reply back and we are now in March - The 15th will
be two months.

Such an unfair company.

ParallelBlackCosmetics

Marissa56
Visitor
2 0 10

I’m having the same issue and have tried reading their policies but there’s literally no help.

Marii
Visitor
2 0 11

I have been having the same issue for months and have not been able to resolve the issue or get in contact with anyone.

Marii
Visitor
2 0 11

Update: I found someone on Fiverr who helped and was able to get in contact via live chat with someone on my behalf. Even after getting in contact, they were not able to tell me exactly how to fix the issue, they only told me general steps to take like following the policy. 

Diana_g
Tourist
7 0 15

Have the same issue with Facebook Commerce.... I can't delete the Shopify Commerce Account.! All bloody morning trying to delete a stupid catalog from this stupid software...very frustrating!

It has nothing to do with Shopify, it is all Facebook crap! No calls, no chat, no emails...nothing!

Doing this for a client, and I really want to give up, and never ever see or hear this shit called Facebook! 

Why people care about having a shop there is beyond me.... Ads account is all you need there!

Juanbro
Tourist
4 0 12

I am in the same situation as you guys. I cannot delete my store, my catalog and not even unlink my instagram account from the catalog. it is frustrating and somewhat stupid at the same time facebook does not give you an option to be able to solve anything only a customer service that does not know anything either.  

If you guys can solve it, please share the solution.

Marissa56
Visitor
2 0 10
I ended up deleting everything and starting over. I think other people had luck without going to such drastic measures but nothing else worked for me.
delenakd
Tourist
4 0 11

Did any of you get a resolution on the "FB Commerce Account is violating integrity policies" issue?  I am seriously about to lose it.  FB did approve me to run ads... so I was approved to run ads with them, but not try to make any money or sell anything on FB.  I have messaged fb several times, as well as Shopify and I have had zero resolution.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  thanks!

Juanbro
Tourist
4 0 12

Not yet! It seems that Shopify and Facebook don't care about small businesses.

I'm tired of trying to contact them to get a solution and guess what.¿? Same answer always.

Juanbro
Tourist
4 0 12

Deleting accounts or profiles is not a solution. you're going to have to start everything from the beginning.

PolkadotPolish
Tourist
8 0 4

How do you start from the beginning when Facebook locks down the commerce account and prevents you from moving or deleting the assets associated with it?

PBCOSMETICS
Tourist
5 0 3

That is exactly what I wrote in my message to them.  They have no problem taking my money for my legitimate store but won't allow me to set my store up.  "The shop linked to these assets is violating integrity policies and is not eligible to engage in this commerce operation."  This is just terrible. Meta come on fix this issue for people who are trying to grow their business,

ParallelBlackCosmetics
GlitzyMarcy
Tourist
3 0 0

Any resolution? I'm having the same issue.

delenakd
Tourist
4 0 11

did you also have to delete your facebook business page?  what all did you delete?  thanks!

pbartmu
Tourist
3 0 2

I didn't delete my Facebook Page. That would be death for the business.

pbartmu
Tourist
3 0 2

I tried deleting everything using a new Facebook Manager.  However, I can't remove my FB page from the Business Manager with the bad Commerce account and it won't let me until the Commerce account is disable.....which I can't do.  Facebook has been no help.  Shopify points to Facebook.

DarqAngeL
Visitor
1 0 0

How did you do this? I am having integrity issues w/FACEBOOK as well. I cannot even view the specifics, it all seems to be LOCKED DOWN, even from me the business account creator/manager. HELP! PLEASE!

tasch
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey are u able to have a business account? Bc mind has been taken off a business and even time I try out it on to that it just says “something went wrong. We will fix it as soon as we can” it’s been nearly 3 weeks and I can’t see any Insite on my posts or anything 

alejandroc
Visitor
1 0 0

did you delete your ig and fb accounts too? or just the publicity account and the commerce account?

sherrie17
Tourist
5 0 1

what do you mean everything?

Peta
Tourist
4 0 3
The functionality of Meta business suite and all the other apps associated
with it. The inability for customer support for businesses. Etc etc
delenakd
Tourist
4 0 11

any luck?

delenakd
Tourist
4 0 11

@shopowner1 were you able to get this fixed?

Jaspers
Explorer
52 0 18

Typically this kind of issue occurs when Facebook and its counterparts deny or account for belief that you are using a fake name or are hiding your true identity in some shape or form.

www.JaspersPlus.com

diosaboutique
Visitor
1 0 4

Has anyone fixed this or are we all not selling our products on FB and IG? 😞

JamiLreid
Visitor
1 0 0

Idk if it will help but I found this video, I'm going to give it a try now.  

https://youtu.be/Djsh_0H5iYc

BOKETTOCOLLECT
Visitor
2 0 1

did u come right 😓

shopowner1
Tourist
5 0 25

UPDATE!  I'm the OP.. 
After Facebook recently rolled out the "New Facebook Shop" via the commerce manager, they warned me if I didn't convert my catalog, it would be deleted.   And because my facebook shop wasn't functioning anyhow.. I let them.. and GUESS WHAT?

Now I can finally upload a new catalog and set up a shop.

I know it wasn't an actual solution.. but It is now more than 2 years later and it is resolved for me. 

Me9
Tourist
3 0 7

Hello,

I am having the same problem. Can you please guide me on what are the steps to follow? did you contact facebook? Please, help!

stellarnomad
Visitor
1 0 6

Hello Me9,

I  have the same problem: "The shop linked to these assets is violating integrity policies and is not eligible to engage in this commerce operation."  

I connected with someone from the Meta Concierge and they told me that this error is what you get until your FB page has been approved.  They said it doesn't mean you are violating some policy.  They also told me that they are quite backlogged and to expect  it to take around 3 months or so.  Ugh!!!

If your goal is to tag products on Instagram...  I asked if there was a way around this so I could start tagging products  on Instagram as I don't really care about selling on FB.  They said I could setup the business page on Instagram and then start tagging much sooner than with FB.  Well, it doesn't seem to work.  In order to tag products on Insta you have to have an instagram catalog, but to create an instagram catalog you have to go through FB and it won't allow you (at least it won't for me) until the FB page is no longer in "violation".    A few days ago I got a notice on Instagram stating "Congratulations, you can now sell on Instagram" but of course I still can't connect to my FB catalog. 

I've been trying to figure this out, as I wait for approval, since June 20th.   If the person from Meta was correct I should be able to start tagging my  products around the end of September. LOL

I hope some of this info is somehow helpful. 

Me9
Tourist
3 0 7

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. And how facebook will verify or approve your page? Did you send to them some kind of request of your Facebook for approval? Because I have another business page that is not linked to my Instagram and I can linked to that one (but that's not actually the point) but I remember in that page I'm able to linked I erased all the product gallery/catalog before..... maybe gotta be something with the catalog....... so weird...

Thanks so much for the reply ♡

espeine4122
Visitor
1 0 0

How were you able to talk to a meta rep? I can't find a way to chat with or get on the phone with anyone. And all their "help" articles don't actually help at all unfortunately.

scottydigital
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I've been dealing with this (like posters before me) for months. I have had several live chats via Facebook Messenger, so I have a previous chat available to get in touch with them. If you go to facebook.com/business/help/support and fill out a short form, a Live Chat button should be enabled, which will open in Messenger. In my chat today, I lit into the support person (I apologized later because it's not their fault...but, they work for Meta so... lol). They told me that there is nothing wrong with my account, but unfortunately, I'd have to fill out another form and wait a couple of days. We'll see... 

In the past, I've had chat conversations where I've been told that my products weren't listed properly and my Facebook and Instagram engagement was too low. To which I replied, 'how am I supposed to grow engagement without being able to boost posts? 😡 At this point, I'm going to try the influencer route while I wait. This is extremely frustrating.

PolkadotPolish
Tourist
8 0 4

I think deleting the catalog is ultimately what fixed mine as well. In my case specifically, I had a few items in my personal Facebook Marketplace catalog that were broken; They had an ID but most of the data was gone because the listing was so old and so it violated Facebook "policies". Even Facebook couldn't see the items to remove them. Because my personal Facebook Marketplace catalog was affected, I was barred from publishing a new catalog. I deleted all my other catalogs across all my accounts and the Shopify catalog started working.

Me9
Tourist
3 0 7

Hello again,

updating my issue that i was having same as the rest of people in here....

Well.... I had to hired a professional to do it, because facebook (meta) was not helping and not even answering my emails.... I hired this expert in shopify experts... if anybody has the same problem I will totally recommend him 100%, he told me that it will (eventually) take about 2 days but took a week. Not his fault because he was waiting on meta to approve many things.. I am glad that i did not have to open a new instagram and lose my followers....

here it is his link at shopify experts --> https://experts.shopify.com/shopifinest he did an amazing job!

Juanbro
Tourist
4 0 12

Facebook has apparently updated the platform. After a year I already get the button to request an account verification and apart from that it also tells me why my account has been rejected.

Check your accounts and confirm it.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 12.35.10.png

dearabdullaah
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue 😞

santatrees
Visitor
1 0 0

Anyone found a solution to this? 

WanderstoneUS
Visitor
1 0 1

For anyone else with this issue, this is what I did:

Contacted Facebook (ha.) and they advised me that my page was connected to a preexisting Commerce Account.

Per Facebook:

How to deactivate your commerce account on Facebook and Instagram
To deactivate your commerce account:

1. Go to Commerce Manager and select your shop.
  2. In the left-hand menu, click Settings.
  3. Click Edit in the top-right of the Commerce Account Info section.
  4. Click Deactivate Commerce Account.
  5. Enter your Facebook password and click Confirm.
  6. Choose an option from the Reason for Deactivating Account dropdown, or provide your own.
  7. Click Deactivate Account.

Once you deactivate your commerce account:

• You won't have access to your shop or any existing orders.
  • Existing collections and shops will be removed.
  • Product tags are disabled.
  • Tax reports are inaccessible.
  • Existing sales channels will be disconnected.
  • These changes are permanent and cannot be reversed.

blobalbob
Tourist
6 0 4

SUCCESS! I've fixed this stupid problem after 2 years of fighting Facebook. After speaking to the concierge, who really didn't have a clue for most of the call, she let slip that unless you have 300 followers on your shops Facebook page and multiple followed and liked posts it won't ever be approved. I did a load of blog posts and linked them with images and vids on Facebook and Insta. As soon as I got over the 300 followers the commerce account was approved. I did also disconnect the Meta channel from Shopify and added the shop in Meta Business then re-connected the channels, not sure if that made a difference either but for now its finally working.

pixelcop
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I ran into the same issue and I fixed it by accident. If I remember correctly this is how I solved it

1. Visit https://business.facebook.com/commerce 

2. Make sure to select the appropriate account(I was using Instagram) on the dropdown in the top left

3. Delete all the commerce accounts and catalogs if you already had any(I had one which I might have tried to connect in the past and left midway).

4. Refresh your Shopify and try the process again and this time it should be gone

foem5 2022-11-12 23-39-51.png

KarolisD
Visitor
1 0 0

SOLVED - I just deleted my catalog and it worked.

tevfikgulep
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Contact Meta Support. They help
It is usually because you connected your facebook account to some other shop catalog.

RN22284
Visitor
1 0 0

This is fixed - use this app - onecommerce.io/onepixel/