Solved

Facebook - commerce account Not aproved Error with Facebook

Irreversivel
Visitor
2 0 7

Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.  

I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.

But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:

"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why? 

What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store? 

Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks! 

Facebook and insta both active on shopifyFacebook and insta both active on shopifyunpublished error in facebookunpublished error in facebookError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce accountError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce account

Accepted Solution (1)
JD44
Tourist
3 1 10

This is an accepted solution.

Update my end - Commerce Account now approved. 

So I didn't have to do much other than contact them and explain that I had thoroughly reviewed the commerce terms and was confident my account didn't breach any and that many other users seem to have the same issue. I also attached screenshots of the various screens showing the account not approved.

Here is the link the support team gave me to use to specifically contact the commerce team: https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/onboarding/support/?ref=cm_onsite_onboarding_channel_selec...

When you click through to the link it'll ask you to select the page you need support with. Under Topic I selected 'Account Setup' and then 'Getting approval for Instagram Shopping'. I think you can select other categories and get the same outcome though so have a look through them.
Screenshot 2021-03-14 at 20.09.18.png

My advice would be to message facebook directly using the above link if you haven't already. Be detailed, and demonstrate confidence that you meeting the commerce account criteria.

View solution in original post

Replies 293 (293)
J33309
Tourist
4 0 1

Having the same issue but in canada...they do not have this contact option available... how can we contact them?

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
17 0 11

I think if you go onto your commerce account in business manager and on the bottom of the right of the screen you should see a tab that says "report a problem"

PolkadotPolish
Tourist
8 0 4

I'd like to add some additional information to this thread. I have this same problem, and the accepted solution didn't work. After going back and forth with Facebook and Shopify over this issue, it seems part of the issue is with the quality of the product catalog. If you have products with errors, this could cause your Commerce Account to not get approved. These errors MUST be resolved. However, the integration between Facebook and Shopify is broken, and each side admits it. Shopify isn't sending all of the fields Facebook wants, and it's inconsistent in sending the fields that it does. You can fix some of the problems with these fields at the link below, but it's not perfect. I recommend reading the comments on the article to get a full picture of what this can do.
The other problem is Facebook doesn't consistently process the fields in the same way. It depends in part on how the data is coming over. In my case, the partner integration is having issues and not sending all of the products and fields over. Then there is another feed that updates the products. Then there is a supplementary feed (see article below) that fills in the gaps, and that's reporting it's own errors because it's sending fields that Facebook doesn't want in a supplementary feed.

The whole thing is broken end to end.

But don't be discouraged!! When I spoke to Shopify support the rep shared that they are aware of the issue and have been working with the development team to get it resolved, so there is hope. And Facebook has a number of articles to help people work around the Shopify limitations, but the below article is probably the best, most concise tutorial I've found so far.

https://business.czarto.com/2019/12/11/update-your-shopify-facebook-product-feed-with-missing-attrib...

WM11
Excursionist
19 1 1

And what about the inconsistent HTML used by Shopify  and rtf. used by Facebook!

Turtl3sh3ll
Visitor
1 0 0

Link broken

legyjp11
Tourist
9 0 0

After 15 months of contacting concierge and being rejected, told to wait etc I followed this link and talked to someone, got a review and got the shop up (plus and Insta shop as well) in a few hours. Amazing thanks so much.

John

Simotod
Visitor
1 0 0

It's not available in Europe/Italy what can I do to resolve my problem? 

Screenshot 2024-03-15 alle 09.56.52.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-15 alle 09.57.16.jpg

  

Almonzo
Tourist
3 0 2

badgerlabel that is the best news I have heard in several frustrating months.  I hope you see this.  Two questions:

1.  I was surprised to see your reference to reaching Facebook technical support by email and chat.  That void has been the most frustrating part of all of this.  How do you get to it?

2. Did you get Facebook to initiate the re-review  of your site for activation or is there a link to request it?

I hope someone replies.

LBeauty
Excursionist
21 0 4

congratulations!!!!! 

aa1994
Tourist
8 0 3

Hi guys!

i would like to thank JD44 for the method you should as it just worked for me too after 4 months of feeling frustrated, sad and disappointed. I had given up and thought maybe it’s for the best but just woke up to the best email ever saying my account has been approved! 

eee soo excited. 

Wishing you all the best with your attempts! Just keep trying, you WILL end up in good hands one day! ❤️

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

Hi. Can you share again with us all what JD44 said. I took everything down so will start from fresh. 

tommy. 

you can see my Shopify at https://leapforartnc.com. Comments welcome. 

pbartmu
Tourist
3 0 2

I can concur with this post. I followed it and it worked. My commerce account was just approved after 2 months of waiting. Interestingly enough, even before it was approved, I could still tag products on Facebook. I just couldn't publish a Shop. Once I submitted the request as outlined above, I was first approved for Instagram Shopping and then my overall commerce account was approved...within 12 hours. Here is some additional information that might be useful to many of you. I was using the Shopify interface to integrate with Facebook when my commerce account was subsequently locked after a request for review. I wrongfully assumed that if I just went through the Shopify steps that my commerce account would be approved. Not so. At this point, Shopify wouldn't let me sync products until my commerce account was approved and Facebook wouldn't approve my commerce account without products. So....I created a spreadsheet catalog of my products so that I could get everything approved.  Now that I'm approved, I'm almost afraid to switch to auto sync from Shopify. Since my checkout page is only on my website, I really don't want all the variants syncing anyhow. And one final note...if your FB commerce account is locked with no review requests, do not start dismantling everything in Facebook Business Manager unless you just plan on building a whole new FB and IG page. 

Asil56
Tourist
7 0 1

FB and Pintrest are killing with Commerce Rules, not approved for a month or more now. Any suggestions??

WM11
Excursionist
19 1 1
I am busy solving facebook issues If you need a reply, help me with these issue so i can have time to respond
What kind if reply you want ? You focus on review more than the core issue. Can’t believe.
Asil56
Tourist
7 0 1

Excuse me, though this was a forum for assistance. A simple i cant help you would have suffice.

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
17 0 11

Pinterest I got approved straight away. Facebook are weird though. I got an email today saying my shop is now optimized, click on the link "you can't publish your shop", it's like they are mocking me.

Asil56
Tourist
7 0 1

I reply to your email. Sorry Im having a difficult time with this whole setting up. Only to finally complete it and cant get it published.

Asil56
Tourist
7 0 1
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)" /><!--<br>/* Font Definitions */<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:"Cambria Math";<br> panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}<br>@font-face<br> {font-family:Calibri;<br> panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}<br>/* Style Definitions */<br>p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal<br> {margin:0in;<br> font-size:11.0pt;<br> font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}<br>a:link, span.MsoHyperlink<br> {mso-style-priority:99;<br> color:blue;<br> text-decoration:underline;}<br>.MsoChpDefault<br> {mso-style-type:export-only;}<br>@page WordSection1<br> {size:8.5in 11.0in;<br> margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}<br>div.WordSection1<br> {page:WordSection1;}<br><br>
Frekkle
Excursionist
14 0 4

Hello

I am currently dealing with an issue with Facebook Shop not being approved/published.  I am having such difficulty.  Shopify doesn't have answers.  I found a way to talk to a human!!! The result is in my case is that I do not have a strong enough Social Media Presence because my F Instagram acct is too new and doesn't have enough activity to look like a legit entity.  It's complete BS because I have a FB Page as well as a website...which should totally be enough.  But this could also be causing your issue.  In my opinion, anyone trying to open a FB shop should not link any social media to it at all unless you have an already established following.  At least, that's what my take is on it.  I found a link  online (after months of trying) that will allow you to contact FB Help.  I also only found another way.  If you go into Facebook Commerce Account settings, under general settings, and click deactivate commerce account, a contact help link will appear!!!! Amazing that it takes wiping your account before it offers you help.

Hope this is helpful!!!

Asil56
Tourist
7 0 1

What outline did you follow?? I tried adding followers, making posts. Spending money with no results.

Dod1
Excursionist
11 0 6

I also have this blank page. I'm about to pack it in with Shopify.

aa1994
Tourist
8 0 3

Had a similar situation back in December and still on going...
Basically I had applied for commerce account And Instagram shopping before I removed password from my website so that automatically rejected me as I didn’t have any products to show. Silly me clicked for another review without making any changes as I didn’t know what went wrong.  I contacted them several times but they kept saying to wait until I get the chance to have my account reviewed again however I’ve read it’s only one review per account so knew that wasn’t going to happen.

So what I did was create another commerce account and page and linked it to my shopify properly this time. Took a month for them to review. Got approved in the end. Hurray!

BUT, my Instagram is stuck on the disapproved commerce account and guess what? They don’t let you remove it until that particular account is approved 🤦🏻‍♀️
so now it’s back to where I started again, to wait...

I have to be honest, product tagging isn’t very affective as I have another business which is approved and have many followers on Instagram 65k however when I see the insights, only 10-15 people click on them links so really it’s not even a big loss at all. i know it’s frustrating because I was the same too however just got rid of my feelings and moved on...

Stoat
Tourist
3 0 3

I have the same problem. Facebook has so many problems! I am also having an issue with it saying that my Instagram account already belongs to another business - it doesn't. 

I had the Facebook shop working well with Etsy, but stupidly changed our website to our Shopify store and now we're not approved for Facebook shop anymore.

I think Facebook just think they are big enough that we need them more than they need us. And they treat people extremely poorly. They need to give the steps to resolve the issue. 

I'm also thinking of going back to Etsy and hoping that FB will reinstate our commerce permissions if we do that.

jle013
Tourist
7 0 3
That is so frustrating!! I’m sorry that you’re having a similar issue! I agree, they definitely feel that it’s no loss to them whether or not they help us. I think they feel that small businesses like us aren’t worth their time...
Kelco
Tourist
5 1 0

Are you using Kit by any chance? I get the same error when I try to connect my Instagram account. It says "This Instagram business account is already linked to a Commerce account on Shopify. As of August 31, you'll be able to finish setting up checkout on Instagram from your Shopify account." I think I saw somewhere that Kit is retiring on 31 August and that's the only reason I think it's linked. I've tried deleting Kit but no luck. Will be interesting to see what happens after 31 August. 

JAAS666
Excursionist
13 0 10

Don't fall for scammers offering "solutions".

Only Facebook and/or shopify can fix this issues 

Glam2
Tourist
12 1 1

Hi Stoat,

I am facing the exact same issues as you and am so angry with FB because they dont even give a detailed reason for rejection that one can identify then and resolve. Since it has been a while that you posted this, was wondering if you have found help to resolve these issues ?

Please let me know.

Best,

Paty

Stoat
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been back here to update everyone.

Basically from what I can find out, you need an extensive following to be seen as trustworthy. As of yet I haven't got the FB shop or Instagram shop set up. 

I'm going to look at Google instead and once our store is looking really established then I'll contact FB and ask them for a review. I don't know how many reviews you get, so I don't want to ask until I'm sure there is no reason for them to decline.

Good luck all!

startupbusiness
Visitor
1 0 0

An E1 visa may additionally allow you to reside on an ongoing basis to continue trading on behalf of your sponsoring employer or your U.S. business.  I am here to guide how to  win E1-visa 

neatladies
Tourist
3 0 0

for your information, Etsy is Much Much Worse, Got banned after 2 Hrs. didn't add Products yet or even completed my Profile, i asked for a review and their answer was: we decided not to go further with your account !!

Hilarious actually!

jacqueline5
Visitor
1 0 0

HI does anyone fixed the problem because i got the same issue with facebook shop. now i dont know what can i do. shopify said this is out of they control as this is facebook and facebook no one actually will look after the customer and no one reply to my email which i sent 20times. 

Now i have my website but i cannot polish my page from facebbok and ig. if anyone know what to do, please let me know as well. thank you

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

Can you clarify what you did?  I have been contacting Facebook with no luck so far.  Did they tell you to hit the review button and wait from them?  I've already hit the review button before contacting support and at the time, minutes later they re-rejected my commerce account and shop.

BoxTherapyUK
Tourist
4 0 7

Im selling letterbox gifts, all approved on Instagram just rejected on Facebook... i hit review and they rejected it so I contacted them via chat, multiple times and every time you spend about 2 hours chatting they say "it seems your shop was rejected as it doesn't comply with our policies" .... yes sherlock i know this but thats the issue as i felt as if ive done everything i can ... response "we dont know that information" ... okay get someone who does... "yes my manager will contact you in 24 hours.... 6 days later "hi, your shop has been rejected as it doesnt comply with our policies" ... apaprently they wont review again either. Just so frustrating.

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

Lol yes a whole bunch of sherlocks over at facebook.  All off on the case ... to what end nobody knows.

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

They did give me a few things to do which I am doing. 

But what I don't understand is that they run my ADS to the store, they just don't run the store. So I may just do ads and they can go _____ whatever. 

They don't seem interested in helping. Shopify's so called experts I have contacted, so far three of them don't work with FB anymore. 

T

tluxsoap
Tourist
5 0 4

I've been fighting this issue for months now, with no end in site.  Talking to FB Support is like talking to a broken record, they are worthless!  All of the real control belongs to their AI and it has decided to reject my shop for some reason, and cannot seem to tell me why, even after countless inquiries.    I have no disapproved items in my catalog and they are still gladly accepting my money for ads.  I am wondering if I am able to delete my Commerce account completely and starting over without losing my Business page and 900 followers at this point.

aa1994
Tourist
8 0 3

Going through the same problem and it’s so depressing! I wish they had more help to it and didn’t just blacklist an account forever!

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

I have now emailed them through a different place. AND, I have been grouping my things on FB--apparently grouping them on Shopify is not enough. 

I find the whole thing bizarre. FB takes my ads but not my store. Instagram won't take my ads. 

Perhaps I should have tried this store bit before I became a company!

Tommy

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

What are the things they gave you to do to get approved??? Let us know

Leap4artnc
Excursionist
44 1 14

They had me check SKUs and such. 

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

Check SKUS for what?

JJ-miras
Tourist
7 0 9

Same issue. Following this thread for a solution as well...

badgerlabel
Tourist
4 0 6

For those like me who made the mistake of requesting a review and were rejected here is my response from commerce support:

I am sorry but we don't have specific details in regards to these cases. However, I can tell you that for the future, you may be able to send another appeal. We just don't have timelines for now, but this has been confirmed.

You will see in the quality account if a new review is available. Apparently all we have to do it is wait... 

4ME
Tourist
5 0 5

Yes I just got the same exact reply a few minutes ago.

And the support agent suggested reviewing all the policies and making sure my shop is compliant BEFORE asking for the review.

As if I knew which of the policies I'm not compliant with...

Anyway I'm sort of relieved to see that so many people are having this issue which possibly means there's something going on with Facebook AI rejecting shops for no reason

4ME
Tourist
5 0 5

Facebook Concierge agent just sent me this list of eligibility requirements:

As discussed in chat earlier before, please find below information about the Facebook Commerce Eligibility requirements to comply with in order to have the Commerce Account approved. Please take into particular consideration the section about domain verification or alternatively the one about Business Verification.

Kindly be informed that we take into account multiple signals and checks to verify that a business meets our Commerce Eligibility Requirements. Even if you complete one of the following, it does not guarantee that your business will be eligible to sell on Facebook Commerce surfaces.

1. If your business and accounts on Facebook or Instagram are associated with previous policy violating activity, you can review those decisions (e.g. ad disapproved, page unpublished, community standard violation). If you believe that any of these previous violations were mistakenly flagged, you can appeal them individually.

2. You should also utilize best practices by providing clear information on what you’re selling or offering, set clear expectations for shipping and customer service, and make sure you meet customer demand. For more details, see our Business Help Center article here (www.facebook.com/business/help/108127923199330).

3. If your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram, it may help the review process by verifying your business ( https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817). This can provide more information on your business to include in the seller on boarding review.

4. If your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram, we may need to see more activity that demonstrates trustworthiness. This may include compliant activity in your organic presence, such as Pages or Accounts, or your ad presence.

5. You must verify your own Website Domain in the same Business Manager account that owns your assets. You can learn more by reading this article: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain : also please read information about Business Verification https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817?id=180505742745347&locale=en_US

Once you have explored the above solutions and believe that you meet our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, you may request an appeal by yourself from the Account Quality section of the Commerce Account: https://www.facebook.com/accountquality

You can also use this link to appeal your rejected Shop: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/481136396104354

For more information about our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, please refer to this Help Center article: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2347002662267537

Additionally, we would also advise you to check your Page's monetization eligibility: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/321041698514182?id=2520940424820218

- Green: Navigate to Accounts Quality (https://www.facebook.com/accountquality) to appeal for access to Shops.
- Yellow: Your Page has a few issues that may be impacting it's ability to earn money. If you believe this is incorrect, you may file monetization appeal here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/151371415454526.
- Red: Your Page has serious issues. You cannot use this Page to earn money at this time. If you believe this is incorrect, you may file monetization appeal here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/151371415454526.

Hope this helps! I'm giving it a try...

michellemykle
Tourist
8 0 2

Your products have to have a unique identifier.  a SKU is the best way to do that.  It can't be the same for any two products.

sapphire86
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi , what did you end up doing  after your shoo was rejected twice? Did u find a solution

Ktwalters11
Tourist
3 0 2

How did you get in touch with Facebook? I have been trying to solve this issue for over a month now and can’t find anything helpful at all!

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/commerce

This is the link to contact them about this.  Beware I have also been spending a month on this, only that month has been spent going back and forth with them and them not being of the slightest help.

If anyone has had success please post!  I have no idea what to do at this point.

TheBeautyArmoir
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey how did you contact Facebook support?

Congratulations on getting your shop published!