Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.
I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.
But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:
"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why?
What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store?
Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks!
Solved! Go to the solution
For those like me who made the mistake of requesting a review and were rejected here is my response from commerce support:
I am sorry but we don't have specific details in regards to these cases. However, I can tell you that for the future, you may be able to send another appeal. We just don't have timelines for now, but this has been confirmed.
You will see in the quality account if a new review is available. Apparently all we have to do it is wait...
Yes I just got the same exact reply a few minutes ago.
And the support agent suggested reviewing all the policies and making sure my shop is compliant BEFORE asking for the review.
As if I knew which of the policies I'm not compliant with...
Anyway I'm sort of relieved to see that so many people are having this issue which possibly means there's something going on with Facebook AI rejecting shops for no reason
Facebook Concierge agent just sent me this list of eligibility requirements:
As discussed in chat earlier before, please find below information about the Facebook Commerce Eligibility requirements to comply with in order to have the Commerce Account approved. Please take into particular consideration the section about domain verification or alternatively the one about Business Verification.
Kindly be informed that we take into account multiple signals and checks to verify that a business meets our Commerce Eligibility Requirements. Even if you complete one of the following, it does not guarantee that your business will be eligible to sell on Facebook Commerce surfaces.
1. If your business and accounts on Facebook or Instagram are associated with previous policy violating activity, you can review those decisions (e.g. ad disapproved, page unpublished, community standard violation). If you believe that any of these previous violations were mistakenly flagged, you can appeal them individually.
2. You should also utilize best practices by providing clear information on what you’re selling or offering, set clear expectations for shipping and customer service, and make sure you meet customer demand. For more details, see our Business Help Center article here (www.facebook.com/business/help/108127923199330).
3. If your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram, it may help the review process by verifying your business ( https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817). This can provide more information on your business to include in the seller on boarding review.
4. If your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram, we may need to see more activity that demonstrates trustworthiness. This may include compliant activity in your organic presence, such as Pages or Accounts, or your ad presence.
5. You must verify your own Website Domain in the same Business Manager account that owns your assets. You can learn more by reading this article: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain : also please read information about Business Verification https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817?id=180505742745347&locale=en_US
Once you have explored the above solutions and believe that you meet our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, you may request an appeal by yourself from the Account Quality section of the Commerce Account: https://www.facebook.com/accountquality
You can also use this link to appeal your rejected Shop: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/481136396104354
For more information about our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, please refer to this Help Center article: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2347002662267537
Additionally, we would also advise you to check your Page's monetization eligibility: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/321041698514182?id=2520940424820218
- Green: Navigate to Accounts Quality (https://www.facebook.com/accountquality) to appeal for access to Shops.
- Yellow: Your Page has a few issues that may be impacting it's ability to earn money. If you believe this is incorrect, you may file monetization appeal here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/151371415454526.
- Red: Your Page has serious issues. You cannot use this Page to earn money at this time. If you believe this is incorrect, you may file monetization appeal here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/151371415454526.
Hope this helps! I'm giving it a try...
You can appeal their decision at this link: https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager
Hit the 'See Details' button and on the next page there will be another button you can use to ask for your account to be reviewed.
Before you hit the review button make sure to revise all the criteria mentioned in the post above. If you are rejected a second time, it will probably take some time before you get another chance to appeal their decision. I have been waiting for more than a month now...
Following.. but not getting my hopes up... both facebook and Shopify suck at resolving these kind of issues.
How did you get in touch with Facebook? I have been trying to solve this issue for over a month now and can’t find anything helpful at all!
This is the link to contact them about this. Beware I have also been spending a month on this, only that month has been spent going back and forth with them and them not being of the slightest help.
If anyone has had success please post! I have no idea what to do at this point.
It sounds like you guys are also getting this error?:
After reviewing your commerce account, we found that it doesn't comply with our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, so your shop isn't visible to potential customers. If you believe your shop should be published, you can see details and request a review in Account Quality.
I've requested reviews several times and now I don't even see the request a review button. I have the Facebook channel enabled for all appropriate products.
UGGHHH!! I've been wrestling with this for months! Facebook is SO UNHELPFUL! There is nothing unusual about my products -- handmade quilts, etc. Yes, Shopify can you please help?
Yes that is the error. Is anyone able to get shopify to take a serious look at this and step in and help?
Yup over 6 weeks and no answer, same response over and over that someone from the internal team is looking at it.
No timeline, nothing... just ill get an email when i get an email.
I practically ask every day...
Hi! I was also experiencing the same thing yesterday and so I read this post, hoping I would get answers. Yet I wasn't able to get any. I see that many people struggle on this too, and luckily, I was able to surpass this yesterday. From what I remember, I clicked the "request review" button at the top of the page and then typed "My products comply with all the requirements". I then sent the request, hoping they would grant me the opportunity to publish my shop. After a few hours, I did. I was able to publish my shop and my products can already be seen.
Hope this helps. God bless!! xx
Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately, the 'request review' button is no longer available to me, maybe because I requested a review too many times.
Can anyone else chime in on their strategy that worked for them for getting their commerce account approved? I have tried making new commerce accounts and none of them get accepted. They get automatically rejected instantly, and then I ask to have facebook review the rejection, and then they reject my appeal.
It looks like maybe I requested a review too many times and now my Commerce Account is blocked all together. I've tried FB chat support, emailing them and they simply say "the decision is final. There is nothing we can do." I cannot purchase ads, tag products on FB, or set up my FB shop. So incredibly frustrating. Looks like my only option might be to delete my page and start again?
So a bit of advice, be careful with how many reviews you request.
Could anyone recommend a third party company I could hired to help with this?
I really do not recommend to create another commerce manager. I did this and my second merchant account was blocked too ... Surprisingly, my first account's store was magically displayed even though my commerce account was blocked.
Facebook is well aware of the problem and is working on it to remedy it, you just have to be patient I guess.
Have you created a collection on your online store and experienced an issue with adding yo...By Ollie Aug 24, 2022
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022