Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.
I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.
But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:
"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why?
What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store?
Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks!
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Update my end - Commerce Account now approved.
For those like me who made the mistake of requesting a review and were rejected here is my response from commerce support:
I am sorry but we don't have specific details in regards to these cases. However, I can tell you that for the future, you may be able to send another appeal. We just don't have timelines for now, but this has been confirmed.
You will see in the quality account if a new review is available. Apparently all we have to do it is wait...
Yes I just got the same exact reply a few minutes ago.
And the support agent suggested reviewing all the policies and making sure my shop is compliant BEFORE asking for the review.
As if I knew which of the policies I'm not compliant with...
Anyway I'm sort of relieved to see that so many people are having this issue which possibly means there's something going on with Facebook AI rejecting shops for no reason
Facebook Concierge agent just sent me this list of eligibility requirements:
As discussed in chat earlier before, please find below information about the Facebook Commerce Eligibility requirements to comply with in order to have the Commerce Account approved. Please take into particular consideration the section about domain verification or alternatively the one about Business Verification.
Kindly be informed that we take into account multiple signals and checks to verify that a business meets our Commerce Eligibility Requirements. Even if you complete one of the following, it does not guarantee that your business will be eligible to sell on Facebook Commerce surfaces.
1. If your business and accounts on Facebook or Instagram are associated with previous policy violating activity, you can review those decisions (e.g. ad disapproved, page unpublished, community standard violation). If you believe that any of these previous violations were mistakenly flagged, you can appeal them individually.
2. You should also utilize best practices by providing clear information on what you’re selling or offering, set clear expectations for shipping and customer service, and make sure you meet customer demand. For more details, see our Business Help Center article here (www.facebook.com/business/help/108127923199330).
3. If your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram, it may help the review process by verifying your business ( https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817). This can provide more information on your business to include in the seller on boarding review.
4. If your business is new at creating a presence on Facebook or Instagram, we may need to see more activity that demonstrates trustworthiness. This may include compliant activity in your organic presence, such as Pages or Accounts, or your ad presence.
5. You must verify your own Website Domain in the same Business Manager account that owns your assets. You can learn more by reading this article: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/sharing/domain-verification/verifying-your-domain : also please read information about Business Verification https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2058515294227817?id=180505742745347&locale=en_US
Once you have explored the above solutions and believe that you meet our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, you may request an appeal by yourself from the Account Quality section of the Commerce Account: https://www.facebook.com/accountquality
You can also use this link to appeal your rejected Shop: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/481136396104354
For more information about our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, please refer to this Help Center article: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/2347002662267537
Additionally, we would also advise you to check your Page's monetization eligibility: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/321041698514182?id=2520940424820218
- Green: Navigate to Accounts Quality (https://www.facebook.com/accountquality) to appeal for access to Shops.
- Yellow: Your Page has a few issues that may be impacting it's ability to earn money. If you believe this is incorrect, you may file monetization appeal here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/151371415454526.
- Red: Your Page has serious issues. You cannot use this Page to earn money at this time. If you believe this is incorrect, you may file monetization appeal here https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/151371415454526.
Hope this helps! I'm giving it a try...
How did you get in touch with Facebook? I have been trying to solve this issue for over a month now and can’t find anything helpful at all!
This is the link to contact them about this. Beware I have also been spending a month on this, only that month has been spent going back and forth with them and them not being of the slightest help.
If anyone has had success please post! I have no idea what to do at this point.
5 months and counting.
Every single one of my products are allowed.
I can tag products on my posts..
But the "commerce account" isn't approved.
It's a cluster#@#$#
And I'm pretty sure it'll never be fixed.
What happens if my commerce account is not approved? Can I still do fb ads except i cant analyze the stats coz there is no fb pixel? All my products are approved. Help!
So after 3 months of emailing and waiting with my Commerce Manager support ticket, my Shop was finally approved. My only advice is the make sure you don't have any rejected products, open up a ticket with with the FB Business support chat, then wait. I emailed about once per week requesting an update, but I'm not sure if that did any good. They just may be that backlogged.
Happy to hear that your commerce account was finally approved.
Maybe it is just a matter of time... well 3 months at least it seems.
Anyway in the meantime I have posted negative feedback to Shopify in their questionnaire which is in the Facebook app section of the dashboard. Maybe if everyone does the same Shopify will put some pressure on Facebook to look into this.
If all your products are approved, then you should be able to post pictures on FB and then manually tag those pictures with the link to the items in your shop. This will link to your shop even though the shop is not published. You can still run ads and tag products in FB and all the stats and analytics should work normally. (assuming you have a similar set of circumstances)
I have the following hilarious set of circumstances:
1) Shopify pixel is running on FB without errors - updates to items in my Shopify portal will automatically update in FB shop.
2) On one occasion I published an item that was against FB policies (after my shop was rejected). I amended the pictures to be in line with the policies (deleted the alcohol related picture). I submitted for a review on this one specific item and within hours the item was approved.
3) I can edit all the items in my shop manager on the FB side and see all the attributes port over from the Shopify pixel.
4) I can tag items in pictures on my news feed and this will link to my FB shop and I can further click through to both that individual item (link to purchase through my website) and I can also click through from that page and see my FB shop and all other listed items and link to purchase all items on my website.
5) The only thing not working is simply the "publish FB shop". This in turn doesn't allow me to setup instagram tagging or instagram shopping on my linked IG profile.
It's obvious from the item tagging that the shop is up and running and that there are in fact no issues with my commerce eligibility or any of the items in my shop. It's simply some kind of programming error on FB side.
At this point I'm resigned to this functionality being good enough and I'll hope that someday it's fixed. Sadly, FB support is not worth working with as they will not do anything to fix or escalate the issue.
Explore the 30-30-30 rule, a dynamic social media strategy for new businesses. Learn how t...By Trevor Sep 20, 2023
Discover how to leverage the often overlooked footer of your ecommerce site to gain custom...By Skye Sep 15, 2023