Facebook - commerce account Not aproved Error with Facebook

Solved
Irreversivel
2 0 6

Hello, I've been struggling lately trying to link the store to my Facebook page.  

I followed all the procedure in shopify via the "sales channel +". the facebook shop and instagram shopping both show as ACTIVE.

But when i open the "customize Shop" and go to the commerce manager page the store show up as Unpublished. And I get a message from Facebook saying:

"shop updates can't be published because your commerce account didn't pass our standard review", no explanations or any other option to know what is wrong or not in compliance with their policy. Some of my products ( simple tshirt) also just got the " Not approved " stamp don't now why? 

What can one do to get the shop working with Facebook and get then to approve/ allow publishing of the store? 

Any help or advise is welcome as i exhausted all the options i could think of. Thanks! 

Facebook and insta both active on shopifyFacebook and insta both active on shopifyunpublished error in facebookunpublished error in facebookError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce accountError/ no option to publish within the mannager commerce account

Replies 279 (279)
pbartmu
Tourist
3 0 0

I can concur with this post. I followed it and it worked. My commerce account was just approved after 2 months of waiting. Interestingly enough, even before it was approved, I could still tag products on Facebook. I just couldn't publish a Shop. Once I submitted the request as outlined above, I was first approved for Instagram Shopping and then my overall commerce account was approved...within 12 hours. Here is some additional information that might be useful to many of you. I was using the Shopify interface to integrate with Facebook when my commerce account was subsequently locked after a request for review. I wrongfully assumed that if I just went through the Shopify steps that my commerce account would be approved. Not so. At this point, Shopify wouldn't let me sync products until my commerce account was approved and Facebook wouldn't approve my commerce account without products. So....I created a spreadsheet catalog of my products so that I could get everything approved.  Now that I'm approved, I'm almost afraid to switch to auto sync from Shopify. Since my checkout page is only on my website, I really don't want all the variants syncing anyhow. And one final note...if your FB commerce account is locked with no review requests, do not start dismantling everything in Facebook Business Manager unless you just plan on building a whole new FB and IG page. 

chedderchris123
2 0 3

I am going through the same ordeal for a week now trying to figure out what is wrong with my commerce account and why my shop can't be published. I already went through every button of my page, commerce manager, Facebook suites etc and I can't find any issues. I was able to email support and they have a bunch of steps for me to take and one is the creator studio for monetization. It was yellowed which mean had some issues but they wanted my page to have at least 10,000 followers and post a lot on the page and engage in comments. It really does not make sense when they said we need more followers or likes or engagement posts on our page. We are just starters and how can we do that without the published shop? If they approve the shop and people see our products they like they will eventually follow and like the page and that is how we grow on following. So frustrated already this is the most complicated set up I encountered. We just simply want to sync our Shopify products to Facebook shop and it looks like we are going through a dungeon maze.

MagicMoonGarden
2 0 1

I know exactly what you mean. And I’m still having problems. They make it so difficult it shouldn’t be this hard. Good luck. Can you tell me who you emailed? Thanks 

JAAS666
Excursionist
12 0 8
Dont waste your time.. they'll ask you to check a lot of things and won't
be able to do anything in the end.. whoever you are emailing with will
disappear and you'll have to start over.

Both Facebook and Shopify support are pathetic.

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
16 0 9

They asked me to check the monetization stuff as well. I don't think it applies to me as it's mainly to do with having paid content on my page and I'd rather customers pay for the items I make rather than for adverts and other add on costs. Their eligibility criteria is open to interpretation and depends on who is reviewing the shop whether you get approved or not I think. I even sent them this full list of their eligibility criteria and answered every single point 

1. Comply with our policies - I have complied with all of your policies
  2. Represent your business and your domain - my Facebook page and Instagram professional account both contain product listings that are available for direct purchase from my website. I have provided you with the domain from which I sell. My Facebook and Instagram accounts both represent my store or website with the domain provided
  3. Be located in a supported market - I am located in the United Kingdom which is a supported market
  4.  Demonstrate trustworthiness - My Facebook page OR my Instagram page must have demonstrated trustworthiness. I have an authentic established presence on Instagram and my Facebook is getting there with am established presence but it does state here that it can be either, it doesn't have to be both. This MAY include maintaining a sufficient follower base". I have 136 Followers on Facebook and 244 followers on Instagram. Two things, in the last sentence of "demonstrate trustworthiness" A) it says MAY, so really that says to me that it depends who is doing the review  whether they may use that as a criteria or may not and B) it doesn't say what a sufficient follower base is. I mean Jesus had 12 disciples, that was sufficient for him.
  5.  Provide accurate information and follow best practices - There is nothing misleading about my prices or availability information. My refund and return policies are for all to see in the footer of each web page on my website

That was a complete waste of time as they don't assign one person to deal with your query. The reply I received after I sent that completely ignored everything and was just the bog standard reply as if I had just asked them "why is my ecommerce account not approved". I spent over a week going around in circles with them.

Coincidentally, a couple of days after I gave up I received a violation on Facebook for spamming. I had been talking to someone about a book we had both read and he asked if there was an updated version of the book and I posted a link and he said thanks. The following day I received another violation for harassment, someone made a sarcastic derogatory comment towards me so I replied politely but sarcastically and I received another violation. On both occasions I wasn't given the chance to appeal the decision or explain my side of the story. Facebook are so corrupt that I've given up on using them for anything. 

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
16 0 9

Totally agree, they don't assign the same person to deal with your query and you end up banging your head against a brick wall with them. They didn't answer a single question I asked them.

chedderchris123
2 0 3

Here is the link..

https://www.facebook.com/commerce_manager/onboarding/support/?ref=cm_onsite_onboarding_channel_selec...

You can either chat or email with your issues. I was able to chat today (daytime only) but was not resolve and he just outlined in order what I need to do. Basically the same stuff I got from the email and its on the monetization side. I don't know how should I do that. I probably will just abandon this shopify integration, create a brand new facebook account and just upload manually my products.

I wish shopify would lobby to facebook that those who already have a premium account on shopify need not go through a review process for the "trustworthiness" part. 

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
16 0 9

You don't need to set up another Facebook account to do that. I can still tag products adding them manually. share products, post links to my site where people can buy products on my page and in other Facebook groups, can sell on Marketplace and put links in the descriptions etc. The only thing I can't do is open a shop which does the same thing as all the other stuff I've mentioned except less work, it makes no sense. I've given up with the integration.

J33309
Tourist
4 0 1

Having the same issue but in canada...they do not have this contact option available... how can we contact them?

woodenbelieveit
Excursionist
16 0 9

I think if you go onto your commerce account in business manager and on the bottom of the right of the screen you should see a tab that says "report a problem"