Facebook followers seeing posts "[Shop name] added an item to their shop"

Matthew_Harper1
Excursionist
32 0 16

My Shopify store (www.eduzone.co.uk) is connected to Facebook via the old Facebook Shop integration (not the new Facebook sales channel). Recently I've noticed thatin Shopify when I add an item, or change an item from being in stock to out of stock, our followers on Facebook see a post saying "Eduzone added an item to their shop" containing the item details. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Replies 49 (49)
MidCenturyStyle
Tourist
4 0 2

That's not a full solution. It means REMOVING the product from your Facebook/Instagram channel. Of course, FB won't show that X new product is being added if it's *not* being added to the channel... In the end, the problem persists. And you're right, we need to decide if this stupid annoyance of FB wanting to be ME-ME-ME-first feature is worse that not having our catalog on it ... which I'm seriously considering now! I love instagram channel though, and I think you can't separate the two. I'd remove my FB catalog in a heartbeat if I could keep the IG one.

SuperBeachy
2 0 0

Hi - Has anyone on this thread found a solution to this ? On my first update to my Shopify items, I turned off the option in FB Page Settings/Page Updates and that stopped the new item postings. Then yesterday Oct 9, 2021 I made some shopify item changes and the automatic postings are appearing again, over and over and over.  TIA.

MidCenturyStyle
Tourist
4 0 2

No solution. All the ones I've found online don't work. And of course, NOWHERE to ask, complain, or get support. And it's getting worse. Now, Facebook is even adding the "Conversations" icon below my store's posts, in an attempt to promote their "groups" initiative, but sometimes it's promoting competing products!!! I think FB is getting ou of hand...

SuperBeachy
2 0 0

Thank you for confirming what I've found.  What's evern stranger is that the posts appear, then disappear.  I check on my alternate FB account and I see them show up, then when I go to check on them later they're gone.  I'm still trying variations of product changes in Shopify to see if there are certain "changed" variables which trigger this.  Seems like adding a new product does it, now I'm going to try changing a price, then color options and see if these trigger the darn things.

EmilyLS23
2 0 0

This is NOT  a Shopify issue.  It is a FACEBOOK issue.  I use Square (not Shopify) and have the same problem.  No setting in Square or Shopify is going to fix it.  Facebook is automatically doing this with no option to turn it off.

JennRossDesigns
1 0 1

I hope updates don't keep showing up on my follower's news feeds every time I add a new item to my Shopify store. It's embarrassing! Once in a while is fine, but every freakin' item? Come on!

blankcanvas
3 0 0

This is an absolute joke.  I need to add about 50 items to my website and I’m afraid to even do it because of people getting annoyed and will unfollow my page!  

Everything about Facebook is a convoluted mess. Integration period… Google, FB, Instagram, trying to synchronize everything is a nightmare.  Google has separate Ad management, product management, analytics, Facebook has all their different pages…. I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but all of these user interfaces are terrible! 

shopsuperbeachy
2 0 1

I completely agree.  I can only image what META will bring us in terms of control over our products.  I have found that many shops which I follow have this happen, thus knowing this happens when I add a new item, I am more tolerant of seeing "new" items.  I'm like you though and not sure my followers are so tolerant.  

EveL
2 0 0

I was having a similar issue and it was a huge and embarrassing pain for me as I did some repricing and all price changes popped up involuntarily on my facebook feed. 

However, I figured that if I put the products to DRAFT, then update the product descriptions / prices etc, then change them into ACTIVE again, the changes won't be highlighted on the news feed. 

I have not figured out a way to avoid new products showing up though. 

shopsuperbeachy
2 0 1

Thank you for this tidbit.  At least it will help with updates on existing items.   This is appreciated.