Why isn't my Facebook Pixel connecting on my second Shopify store?

vibexplosion
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello, I just created my second shopify store, and everything was going smooth until I tried to verify connection of the pixel. The pixel connected perfectly with my shopify and the facebook pixel helper extension can read the pixel perfectly as well, but when it tries to verify connection on facebook, it says no activity. Please help!

Replies 29 (29)

cbiddle42
Tourist
8 0 6

Same exact issue with me. It's driving me insane!!

Shopify help!!

vibexplosion
Tourist
4 0 3

I know man, this issue is driving me crazy too, I hope shopify responds soon, I'm trying to get my second shop open and running and I can't do that without my facebook pixel working to run ads.

cbiddle42
Tourist
8 0 6

This is nuts!! This is literally an essential service and Shopify boasts the simplicity of integrating the FB pixel but it just isn't working. Test events doesn't populate anything and Pixel Helper is running perfectly...

vibexplosion
Tourist
4 0 3

Hell ya brother!! Thanks for sending this in the discussion, best of luck on your store!

EcoBasics
Tourist
4 0 5

Hi team!

I've the same issue, I tried to install FB pixel, and since I set it through the FB app, events are not firing correctly (only fired Page View and sometimes InitiatedCheckout). We tried to uninstalled FB app and install the pixel in the native spot through Online Store--> Preferences, but it's still not working. Furthermore, we uninstalled the app and continue showing the pixel (if we check FB pixel helper).

Please help us!

Puda
Shopify Partner
17 1 7

Same issue here... Ever since they released the FB app, it is NO longer working. The app is horribly glitchy. For some reason add to cart, initiate checkout and even add payment info are being correctly tracked (I had to use a different page = shop.myshop.com to be able to see all 3 correctly or I was only able to see PageViews!!!!) but NOT purchase. I have tried to get someone to explain what was happening but no luck. They have NO ETA on when to fix this. I am running campaigns without even being able to track my sales!!! How silly is that?!

EcoBasics
Tourist
4 0 5

We wasted more than one month of FB ads, because FB optimisation was a disaster (we were targeting Add to Cart and of course event fires were incorrectly measure)

Sergio-Duque
Tourist
4 0 11

Hi all, This was a SOLUTION for me.

My issue was that I removed the Pixel ID from the store's preferences and installed the Facebook App as suggested by shopify.

AFter I did that, I played a bit with the settings and I checked the "california" option below. After this, the Pixel was NOT firing at all on the store.

I even contacted support thinking there was an error.

AFter around 1 hour or so of playing with facebook manager, I came back here and unchecked these options and BOOM!

The new facebook channel app for installing the facebook pixel started working without any issues or problems.

Check your preferences and try unchecking these options.

Cheers!

Sergio-Duque_0-1602527124796.png

TheGreenMask
Visitor
1 0 0

Where do we find that?

TheoDusko
Visitor
1 0 1

To change those privacy settings, go to Online Store > Preferences and scroll to Customer privacy. There you should find the options for California and Europe privacy settings. 

Puda
Shopify Partner
17 1 7

Unless you are just targeting California, that shouldn't impact anything. Also, the California one will become mandatory on October 20: https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/action-recommended-update-facebook-pixel-for-ccpa-compliance/ (Unless you fall under certain categories which may be the case: https://www.getelevar.com/gtm/facebook-pixel-ccpa-compliance-shopify/) In that case, it technically shouldn't even impact you.

Vranklin
Excursionist
22 0 4

The FB Pixel has stopped working for me. I used the horrendous app that they released and it actually worked in the beginning but then at some point it stopped.

If I use the Pixel Helper extension on my site it says "No pixels found". What in the name of god am I gonna do now? I cannot advertise my business.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

MyShopify
Visitor
2 0 0

Thx, you just SOLVED my problem. I been stuck with this for a week.. pretending that everything is OKAY.

YOURBUJO
Visitor
2 0 1

Thaaaaank you!!!!!! It is the same for Europe: We have the GDPR and it doesn't allow tracking till the user accept it. It was checked and I didn't get any events. After unchecking the events worked.

Thank you!

jamesg82
Tourist
4 0 3

Yes, saw this problem as well! Thanks - has been bugging me for 2 weeks.

undercollar
Tourist
4 0 4

Nice, I'm either on the wrong page, or they keep changing their pages.  Where is the Business Tools Terms, they talk about above?  

minmeg
Visitor
1 0 0

Fantastic, that worked for me. My guess is that if you have that option activated, the Pixel wouldn't track you so it wouldn't fire and so the Pixel Helper wouldn't see any activities. Thanks for posting it!

flamemc
Tourist
3 0 0

You the man, you fixed what facebook couldnt and shopify couldnt, you the man, you saved my evening.

Sticklake
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for this man!
It's been nearly a month of back and forth with Shopify support... they always came back with some general BS and poiting that the Facebook channel is a 3rd party app, they dont have any access to whet they do.... blah blah.
I was losing hope to find the solution!
Thanks again!

CHIRAG2512
Shopify Partner
10 0 0
Thank you for your inquiry.
Can you please share your website link with me?

You can send me your website link on chirag.patel187@gmail.com

So i will be able to check and provide the best solution.

Thank you,
Chirag
Hudlum
Excursionist
18 1 8

For those who the above solution did not work for, try adding the pixel manually so instead of selecting the partner integration option, select the manual integration option. Its the only way I got mine to work and so far, so good.

FairyHello
Visitor
1 0 0

Now that you can’t uncheck the California CCPA thing, what can you do to fix this? Our ads manager is not showing view content or add to cart but it is showing everything else... pixel helper shows everything working as well.

ClarityA
Visitor
2 0 1

This is exactly what happens to my store.

1. The Facebook Pixel Helper chrome extensions only show PageView and Initiate Check, but not Purchases, Add to Cart, etc...

2. In Facebook Event Manager, Purchases and Add to Cart events are recorded as being fired even though the Pixel Helper does not reflect that. However, Purchases, Add to Cart, AddPaymentInfo are NOT attributed to the ad. I know this for sure because I clicked on my own ads to purchase when it shows up in my feed because I fit the targeting criteria.

Very frustrated Shopify said it’s Facebook’s problem and Facebook said it’s Shopify’s.

I did install the new Facebook Channel Integration app. It was working fine before the installation.

Did you find a solution for this?

CHIRAG2512
Shopify Partner
10 0 0
Hi, can you please share your website link with me? So i can have a look
and let you know.

You can also send me via message.

Thank you.
Jhonsanchez
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello, same problem here. Did you find the solution?

Sticklake
Visitor
2 0 0

Yes! I've just deactivated the data collection setting within Online store > Preferences and everything was fixed.
(Note: I have my Fb pixels installed via the API integration not manually)
Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 11.05.54.png

Hope this helps!

BlackMagic
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I am unable to Deactivate the Limit data collection for CA. It prompts me to install the Customer Privacy app, which I've already done, but never lets me actually deactivate it the feature.

https://share.getcloudapp.com/WnuqoBGn

https://share.getcloudapp.com/kpu40755

https://share.getcloudapp.com/6quE6Q2q

What am I missing here?

benbrez
Visitor
1 0 0

Just realized I forgot to disable adblock on my own website. Once I turned it off ads manager was able to register my traffic.

ciroimmobile
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

When this happens, click on the specific button where you attached your pixel code and click on the Pixel Helper again to see if this fixes the problem. ... If this is the case, you can try deleting the Facebook pixel code you've placed on your website and adding the code again.

Thanks and Best Regards:

Frasi Mondo