Facebook - PIXEL Potentially violating personal data details??

J55ni
Tourist
11 0 3

Getting the below error on facebook from the PIXEL ;

Potential violation details

We detected Credit card data that appeared as variant coming from your PageView events in the URL query parameter.

Any idea on how to resolve this?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
322 53 52

Hey @J55ni,

I'll be happy to help you out with this.

I have come across this error a few times and found a workaround if you happen to be using a Shopify-developed theme. This URL Parameter Query is a standard query used in many apps or features within Shopify. Our technical team has previously confirmed that the 'You may also like' product feature has an impact on the parameter. By simply turning off this feature should fix this error. It seems Facebook recently made some updates and included these parameters as unacceptable. Please follow the steps below to remove the feature:

• From your Shopify admin, head to Themes > locate the theme you wish to edit.

• Click Customize > select Products from the drop-down menu > click Product Recommendations and untick 'Show dynamic recommendations' then click 'Save':

21-09-7p2jt-zm5kg

If you find that the steps above make no difference, you may need to talk to Facebook. I've outlined below how you can contact them.

Merchants with an already existing Business Page on Facebook will be able to access the live chat service. (There have been some cases of live chat not functioning for all business pages, to resolve this, you may need to reach out to Facebook through email by filling out a form found through Facebook's Help Center.)

You can access the live chat service by visiting this link while logged into your Facebook Business Manager account.

• To start, click on the "Find answers or contact support" button:

21-09-1tzik-shyat

• Like Shopify support, you will have to fill out the prompts for your specific questions and then click on "chat with a representative" if the documents are unhelpful or you wish to have live support:

21-09-yy6b7-wkv4q

• Facebook Live Chat is available to merchants between 9 AM EST - 11 PM EST. You will not be able to access this support channel outside of these hours and will be prompted to get in touch with Support via email. Facebook does also shut off its chat feature when the capacity is too high, so the chat may appear unavailable at any time. You will see the following message and will have to try again later:

21-09-4qddi-j2zdw

• As an alternative, you can also fill out a support form here. You must be logged into Facebook for this link to work.

If they're unable to assist, our live support might also be able to help. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

If you have any questions please feel free to thread those below!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes