Facebook Shop - Can only see products via mobile, not desktop

Solved

Facebook Shop - Can only see products via mobile, not desktop

geekoutofwater
Tourist
3 1 8

I'm guessing this is a Facebook problem and not necessarily an integration problem, but I can't find any way to contact Meta Business support about it, so I'll roll the dice here! 

I set up my Shopify with the Facebook/Instagram sales channel. Everything appears to be working - catalog synced, pixel connected, I can edit my Facebook shop in the Meta Business Builder and view it live there, and I can tag products in posts. 

The problem is that if I try to view any of those tagged products or even the shop itself on Facebook via a web browser on a computer, I get the error, "This content isn't available right now." If I view the same tagged products or shop link on a mobile device - via the FB app or even through a web browser, it all works fine. 

Can anyone think of anything I can try to fix this? I've already tried multiple browsers, multiple computers, incognito windows, cleared cache, tried a Mac, tried Windows, rebooted all computers. I even took my computer off my xfinity wifi and hooked it to my 5G T-Mobile hotspot to see if a different network connection would help (it didn't). I don't think the problem is on my end as far as networking goes because several people have commented on my page/post that the shop links aren't working, and the ones having trouble are all on computers. 

Are there any settings between Shopify and Facebook that would be relevant? I've gone through settings on both sides and can't find anything (and since it seems to be working as intended on mobile, I'm guessing it's set up correctly). 

I'm out of ideas. If anyone has ideas or any way to contact FB for help, I'd greatly appreciate it! I decided to use my Shopify instead of Etsy because doing Etsy required manual inputting of all shop items... but with the number of hours I've spent trying to make this work, I could've been done via Etsy already lol. I had another Shopify shop with FB integration and it was never any trouble like this! Thank you! 

Accepted Solution (1)
geekoutofwater
Tourist
3 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

I was able to get a response through Facebook support chat (though I think the only reason I had access to this was because I pay for Meta Verified). Here's what they said:

Our team was able to review your concern and they advised that due to the recent changes, Meta Shops Ads team recently removed Facebook shops on Desktop and Mobile web in order to focus new feature development on the Shops experiences across the Facebook and Instagram mobile apps.

This update will bring the following feature changes (On Web Browser):

1.Removal of View Shop button & Shops tab from Facebook Pages
2.Users will not be able to access Shop Storefront and Products
a. This includes Collections, Your Items, Search, Wishlist, etc.
3.Users will not be able to access Product Details Pages
a. Facebook Product Tags on web will also not lead to Product Detail Pages
4.Facebook Cart will be hidden
a. If accidentally visible, the cart will intentionally be empty or emptied

The good thing here is that buyer can still be able to access Shop button on Mobile App in your devices.

I hope the above clarifies and I want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service.

/ end quote

(HOLY COW what a terrible implementation of this change). This also makes me re-evaluate using Facebook Shops as far as time/effort vs reward. I know that something like only 1% of people exclusively use Facebook on a computer, but if you include people that use both a computer and a mobile device, it's like 20% of users (2022 data). Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon. I use both. 

It sounds like nobody on a web browser is going to be able to use Facebook Shop, but they haven't yet removed all the links and haven't modified the error messages to be graceful. 

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Crucifer
Visitor
1 0 1

I'm having the same problem and spent an hour yesterday on Meta chat only for them to send me an article from 2020! The article stated Facebook shops would only work on mobile first, then laptops and computers. My shop was working on my Mac Air less than a month ago! When I try to search for why my band pages shop won't work on a laptop, all of the suggestions are outdated. Please let me know if you find a solution and I will do the same for you! Basically the band page I manage for Crucifer, our shop works perfect on a mobile device, and it displays the shop button. When I use my laptop, work computer, my wife's laptop, the shop is missing, the shop button is gone. If I try typing in the URL for my shop, that big grey/black screen pops up with the picture of a wrench saying this content isn't available right now. I have tried messing with every setting to no avail. Anyone else dealing with this?

geekoutofwater
Tourist
3 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

I was able to get a response through Facebook support chat (though I think the only reason I had access to this was because I pay for Meta Verified). Here's what they said:

Our team was able to review your concern and they advised that due to the recent changes, Meta Shops Ads team recently removed Facebook shops on Desktop and Mobile web in order to focus new feature development on the Shops experiences across the Facebook and Instagram mobile apps.

This update will bring the following feature changes (On Web Browser):

1.Removal of View Shop button & Shops tab from Facebook Pages
2.Users will not be able to access Shop Storefront and Products
a. This includes Collections, Your Items, Search, Wishlist, etc.
3.Users will not be able to access Product Details Pages
a. Facebook Product Tags on web will also not lead to Product Detail Pages
4.Facebook Cart will be hidden
a. If accidentally visible, the cart will intentionally be empty or emptied

The good thing here is that buyer can still be able to access Shop button on Mobile App in your devices.

I hope the above clarifies and I want to thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are always looking for ways to better our service.

/ end quote

(HOLY COW what a terrible implementation of this change). This also makes me re-evaluate using Facebook Shops as far as time/effort vs reward. I know that something like only 1% of people exclusively use Facebook on a computer, but if you include people that use both a computer and a mobile device, it's like 20% of users (2022 data). Maybe I'm just an old curmudgeon. I use both. 

It sounds like nobody on a web browser is going to be able to use Facebook Shop, but they haven't yet removed all the links and haven't modified the error messages to be graceful. 

agperzan
Visitor
2 0 2

OMG ! Thank you. I have been fighting this for at least a month. Couldn't figure out where the Shop TAB had gone on my page. I agree with you. It completely takes away from what I wanted.
What is weird is that I still see a SHOP button on other pages.

Rick1969
Tourist
8 0 3

Sadly I have the same problem, tried getting responses multiple times from Meta with no success. Meta just now confirmed that Facebook shop only works on Android or Apple devices in Australia "Businesses can continue using Shops and associated features until further notice.

People can find your shop through the Facebook or Instagram app on Apple or Android devices." 

knotpc
Visitor
2 0 1

What a terrible experience for FB users who only use a browser. Not to mention running FB Shop ads, will be useless for users who click on a ad that are using a browser. Ugh. 

a2zgolfsupplies
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi id love to pick your brain about the ins and outs of fb shop. I am having trouble uploading catalog to be able to tag products. And what is the pixel? Forgive my ignorance- I need a walkthrough or explanation of what everything is and what it's used for. If you could possibly reach out to me I would immensely appreciate all the help and advice.

LW_
Tourist
10 0 49

Until two days ago I could still (mysteriously) tag products in photos on Facebook desktop in a browser. I can still see the products that are tagged, I can still try to tag something and it shows the catalog but gives an error. Just went through FB Biz Support and their response... "You need to use the app on an Android device to tag products."  I don't have an android device, I have iPhone and the iOS app has not had product tagging functionality added, the only option when tapping the tag icon is to tag a person or a page, not products. Basically the Facebook Shop, and posting any content to Facebook biz page with intent to tag to a product, is useless now unless you have an Android device.  

a2zgolfsupplies
Visitor
2 0 0

also to anyone else willing to help!! id love to pick your brain about the ins and outs of fb shop. I am having trouble uploading catalog to be able to tag products. And what is the pixel? Forgive my ignorance- I need a walkthrough or explanation of what everything is and what it's used for. If you could possibly reach out to me I would immensely appreciate all the help and advice.

aprildpend
Visitor
1 0 0

I have faced the same situation and hoped connecting to Shopify would solve it but it doesn't. You can Share a item from Shopify and it will take a customer to your Shopify page or you can create a checkout link in the Shopify back control panel in the item page under "More Actions". 

Checkout link

This link will send shoppers directly to this product’s checkout page.

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2261 154 260

Hi, @geekoutofwater.

Thank you for sharing your question to the Shopify Community.

If your products are set up properly on Shopify, but they’re not showing up on Facebook or the product catalog or the information doesn't match, this would fall under the scope of Meta (Facebook.) To get in touch with Facebook, you can do this directly from your Shopify admin by following the steps below.

• Head to your Shopify admin and click into the Facebook and Instagram Sales Channel
  • Click Get Support and this should bring you to a Request Submission form in the admin where you can select the topic: Products and orders not syncing.
  • Next, you'll be prompted to log into your Facebook account. Then, outline your issue in the submission box, and a chat or email option will appear for you to select, and you will be sent to the Meta Support team.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog