Fake business on shopify

vinitkh
2 0 0

Hi Shopify people making fool and make money on your platform.

I just ordered one shirts on your portal store and the store give me the confirmation of my prepaid order via JWELLVILA on 25th march but till now i didn't receive any mail or text msg of my order update. I again visit that store and the store not available !!

Then today after 8-9 days I found that store with slight change in their name and again they are selling same items with store . 

I think Shopify needs to be change the policy for their services.

I need my money back is this possible?

I am posting the store link below

https://shirt4everr.myshopify.com/

Replies 6 (6)
Nick
Community Moderator
4230 419 876

Hi @vinitkh,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Sorry to hear this, it's never nice to not receive an item when you've ordered it. Something to note is that Shopify isn't involved in the day to day operations of any stores using the platform. In saying that though, there are measure set up for when a situation like this does occur. 

If you are unable to get in contact with the store owner, we then suggest to contact your bank directly regarding the purchase that you have made. Your bank will have measures in place for you to follow in this case and will be able to help you in relation to the payment made from your account.

Shopify also has an FAQ topic in this community about online orders and the steps to take should this happen which you can read here. If you would like to file a complaint directly with our internal team, you can do so via this link.

Let me know if you have any other questions! 

Thanks, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @Shopify 

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

vinitkh
2 0 0

Bank will not gonna give any personal information that store was registered on shopify and i ll complain here only then why should i ask refund from bank. They will not share any personal information or whatever.

sanjaysaininew
2 0 0

Dear Shopify Team,

This is to highlight that I have made a purchase from https://lifelook-appliances.myshopify.com/ and this store owner was promoting his business via Facebook.

I made payment of 199 INR and now store is not available and no one is responding from their side. I have attached the order confirmation email which I received after placing my order.

Now this store is not available and how will I get my order or money back??

If I do not get any response,  I will commit suicide

I have attached the screenshot of their facebook advertisement also.Screenshot_20211011-140909_Facebook (1).jpg

Kindly get it check asap.fakeshop.PNG 

Nick
Community Moderator
4230 419 876

Hi @sanjaysaininew

I understand you’re having a difficult time and I want to help. I’m here to support you with this situation but I’m not equipped to handle mentions of self harm and I will need to end our interaction if that continues. For mental health support, please contact the national crisis line in India below

1800-599-0019. A national 24/7 toll free helpline launched by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to help people with suicidal thoughts, depression and other mental health issues.

I strongly suggest you to contact your bank who may have processes in place to help you with getting your money back. When you speak to them, explain what's happened and they will help you.

sanjaysaininew
2 0 0

Does your reply mean, Shopify has nothing to do with a fake store? Shopify will not investigate a case where a fraud store is reported? 

Nick
Community Moderator
4230 419 876

Hi @sanjaysaininew,

No my reply didn't mean that at all. Shopify takes fraud and potentially fraudulent stores very seriously. If you want to report a store you think is acting in an illegal or harmful way, please do so via the link here and the relevant team at Shopify will investigate it. Please find the topic in the Community with more information about this here