Solved

fake clients contacting me via my store contact page

Adam2024
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi

I have 2 stores on Shopify
Recently I started a Google ads campaign on one of them and straight away I started having emails from non-existent clients complaining about the item they received, they want me to contact them straight away, etc

It's funny because I didn't sell anything yet 

but shall I be worried? what's that scam about? They can somehow affect my rating and eventually hurt my store.

Accepted Solution (1)

HAPO-Gasper
Trailblazer
133 10 23

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Adam2024 

It's possible that you are experiencing a form of online scam known as "order confirmation scams" or "purchase verification scams." In these scams, fraudsters send fake order confirmation emails to trick recipients into clicking on malicious links or providing personal information. The goal is often to steal sensitive information or spread malware.

In your case, it's important not to click on any links or respond to these emails. If you haven't sold anything yet, it's likely that these emails are part of a scam, and there may not be any real orders associated with them.

Here's what you can do to address the situation:

Verify the legitimacy of the emails: Check the sender's email address, look for spelling mistakes or unusual language in the emails, and avoid clicking on any links or downloading attachments.

Contact Shopify Support: Reach out to Shopify support and provide them with details about the situation. They may be able to offer guidance or investigate if there are any potential issues affecting your store.

Update your store security: Ensure that your Shopify store has robust security measures in place, such as strong passwords, two-factor authentication, and other security features.

Monitor your store: Keep an eye on your store's activity and customer feedback. If you notice any unusual patterns or receive additional suspicious emails, report them to Shopify and take appropriate action.

While it's unlikely that these fake emails will directly affect your store's rating, it's always a good practice to stay vigilant and take steps to protect your online business from potential scams and security threats.

If you found my answer helpful, please let me know by giving me a thumbs-up or marking it as a solution.

Maximize your store's potential with HAPO APPS – Manage data, boost sales, and enhance store visualization.

Best of all, all these features are available with our completely free plan. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance!
Best of all, all these features are available with our completely free plan. Don't hesitate to

https://www.linkedin.com/company/hapo-apps/

if you have any questions or need assistance!

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

HAPO-Gasper
Trailblazer
133 10 23

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Adam2024 

It's possible that you are experiencing a form of online scam known as "order confirmation scams" or "purchase verification scams." In these scams, fraudsters send fake order confirmation emails to trick recipients into clicking on malicious links or providing personal information. The goal is often to steal sensitive information or spread malware.

In your case, it's important not to click on any links or respond to these emails. If you haven't sold anything yet, it's likely that these emails are part of a scam, and there may not be any real orders associated with them.

Here's what you can do to address the situation:

Verify the legitimacy of the emails: Check the sender's email address, look for spelling mistakes or unusual language in the emails, and avoid clicking on any links or downloading attachments.

Contact Shopify Support: Reach out to Shopify support and provide them with details about the situation. They may be able to offer guidance or investigate if there are any potential issues affecting your store.

Update your store security: Ensure that your Shopify store has robust security measures in place, such as strong passwords, two-factor authentication, and other security features.

Monitor your store: Keep an eye on your store's activity and customer feedback. If you notice any unusual patterns or receive additional suspicious emails, report them to Shopify and take appropriate action.

While it's unlikely that these fake emails will directly affect your store's rating, it's always a good practice to stay vigilant and take steps to protect your online business from potential scams and security threats.

If you found my answer helpful, please let me know by giving me a thumbs-up or marking it as a solution.

Maximize your store's potential with HAPO APPS – Manage data, boost sales, and enhance store visualization.

Best of all, all these features are available with our completely free plan. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need assistance!
Best of all, all these features are available with our completely free plan. Don't hesitate to

https://www.linkedin.com/company/hapo-apps/

if you have any questions or need assistance!