Feature Request: Filter & Sort by Availability

JT68
Visitor
2 0 2

I know there isn't a dedicated feature request discussion, but I'd like to make a suggestion:

Product Availability should be a Filter & Sort option, and an option in Collections conditions.

Most of my product collections are automatic/all conditions,  like this: "Product Type is equal to ____ AND Inventory Stock is greater than 0". This prevents out of stock items from showing in collections. However, it also excludes the items where I have "Continue selling when out of stock" checked when the inventory for those items might is 0. I have certain items that are available for pre-order, or where the inventory is expected imminently. I would like customers to be able to go ahead and see/order those products. I do have custom Liquid code that shows a message if an item is out of stock and available for pre-order, so that customers know it isn't available for immediate shipping.

Reply 1 (1)

Miriam_Solovey
Shopify Partner
26 0 2

Hi @JT68, this is Miriam from Kimonix app. Our app can help you do exactly that, automatically!

With the app, when a product has “Continue selling when out of stock" checked, its inventory is marked as infinity and not 0 as in the Shopify admin. Here’s how it looks in the app:

Miriam_Solovey_1-1707317408474.png

This way, even if you add an inventory > 0 condition to filter your products in the collections, these types of products will still show up in the collection, just as you wanted.

I suggest watching this short video to see how easy it is to sort a collection using the app.

We are a plug-and-play solution (we are not touching your code) so feel free to try the app.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions! 🤗