How to add a product exclusively to the Featured Collection tab?

JamesMeekings
Visitor
1 0 0

30dbd369-d8c4-4b84-a136-d0759917e6c0.jpgHi everyone, how do I add a product so it only shows up in the Featured Collection tab at the top and not on the home page?

Replies 2 (2)

Rohail_Ali_12
Shopify Partner
51 7 7

Hi @JamesMeekings,

The solution to this issue is straightforward. Remove the product from the collection displayed on the home page and add the product link to a menu item.

Best,
Rohail Ali

rsdigitals.com

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Feel free to contact me for your Website Tasks: info@rsdigitals.com

Erin
Shopify Staff
942 127 146

Hi, @JamesMeekings. I'm happy to help you out with this! Which theme are you using? Are you setting up your online store for the first time, or are you making edits to an existing shop? 

Which collections your products appear in will depend on how you've set up your collections. Also, where your collections appear on the storefront will depend on how you've set up your navigation and theme.

The first thing you'll want to do is double check that your collections are set up the way you'd like them. In this case, it sounds like you will need at least two different collections. One that will be connected to the "Featured collection" menu item in your main menu, and one that will be displayed on your homepage. You can read more about creating and managing collections in this guide

The next thing you'll want to do is customize your navigation and theme. The collection that appears when you click the "Featured collection" menu item depends on the collection that is connected in your navigation settings. You can check which collection you've connected by going to Online store > Navigation > Main menu in your Shopify admin. From here, click Edit next to the Featured collection menu item and you will be able to see which collection is linked. If this is not the correct collection, you can change it by clicking the Link field. This guide has more information on setting up your navigation.

25-39-95138-26277

The way your collection appears on the home page will depend on the theme you're using, along with the sections and blocks you have set up. You can edit this in your theme editor by going to Online store > Themes > Customize (next to the theme you're using) in your Shopify admin. From here, you can edit, remove, or add sections and blocks to design your home page. This guide on using sections and blocks can help further. 

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Erin | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog