Filtering by size in stock

charlotteli82
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi Everyone,

I’ve read a number of discussions on this topic, but have yet to get to the bottom of my problem. I run a swimwear company and would like customers to be able to filter by ‘size in stock’. Shopify currently allows me to filter by size variants, but as all products come in size XS/S/M/L/XL, it returns all products in the current search format.

Is there a good smart filtering app I can add to help me fix this issue? It’s turning a lot of customers away as people can only find out if an item they want is in stock by going into the product and selecting their size - a very frustrating user experience.

If there is a Shopify expert that someone has used to implement this for them, a recommendation would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chalotte

Replies 4 (4)

Nancy_Drake
Shopify Partner
169 9 19

Hello @charlotteli82 

You can try Ultimate Filter & Search app https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1 to creat filter based on size option and exclude sold out variants from the filters.

hide-unavailable.png

You can duplicate the live theme and set up the widget into the copied one. This will allow you to set up the filters without affecting other themes in your store. I hope it could help.

AI Search & Product Filter | SB - Check out our Shopify search and filter app to drive more sales
charlotteli82
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi Nancy - thanks so much for your reply. Will this hide the entire product if one variant is out of stock? E.G. If there is a green bikini top which is only out of stock in S & M, will it still appear as it is ‘in stock’ in XS/L/XL?

Thanks!

Charlotte

SocratesDesign
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Charlotteli82,

I don't know if you are still having trouble getting the filter to "Not display" product variants that are unavailable, but it is possible (even with the FREE version).

1. Open the Ultimate-Search filter app in your Shopify dashboard.

2. Once in the dashboard of the Filter app, navigate to settings in the bottom left corner.

3. Navigate to the "Search Index" tab.

4. Scroll down until you see the "option:Size" , and expand the settings.

5. Scroll down & tick the option to "Hide unavailable variants".

6. Remember to click on the sync arrows button in the top right corner before exiting (This syncs the changes to your theme).

I hope this helps 🙂

SocratesDesign
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you sooooo much for recommending this app, this has helped a lot.
I was able to add a filter to "Shop by size", and enable the filter to not display unavailable variants. 

Even the Free version allows what I needed.

Thank you again 🙂