Filters on specific collection

TRNnl
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Hi there,

I have an XX number of collections on my store. 

I want to show on collection A other filters than collection B.

How do i get this done? 

Kind regards.

Replies 10 (10)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
444 45 123

Hi @TRNnl,

I would recommend creating another collection template. So, you will have end up having two collection templates (A, B). Then, you can assign some of your collections to the template A with some filters, and other collections to the template B with other filters.

Hope this helps!

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @TRNnl,

Good day! Gina from flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.

To show different filters on specific collections in your Shopify store, you can use Shopify's Collection filtering feature. Follow these steps to do this.

1. Login to your Shopify store and go to the "Products" tab.

2. Click on "Collections" and select the collection that you want to add specific filters to.

3. Click on "Edit" to edit the collection.

4. In the "Conditions" section, select the specific conditions that apply to the collection. For example, you might want to show products that are only in stock or products that are priced under a certain amount.

5. In the "Filters" section, select the specific filters that you want to show on the collection page. For example, you might want to show filters for color, size, price range, or product type.

6. Save your changes and preview the collection page to ensure that the filters are showing up correctly.

7. Repeat these steps for any other collections if you want to add specific filters to.

By using this method, you can customize the filters that are displayed on each collection page to better match the products in that collection. This can help make it easier for customers to find the products they are looking for and improve their overall shopping experience on your Shopify store.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing
TRNnl
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Hi, thank you for the reply. where can I find the filters section? or what do you mean with it?

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
444 45 123

Hi @TRNnl,

it depends on the theme you have. Basically, go to the newly created collection template – through Shopify admin -> Online store -> Themes -> Customize -> from the top dropdown menu choose Collections -> select the newly created collection.

Then, on the left side, you have the sections available for this template. E.g., in the Dawn theme, click the section "Product grid". Scroll down and you will see the filtering and sorting section, where you can tick off the filtering and sorting options you would like to use.

Snímek obrazovky 2023-04-10 v 13.57.17.png

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
TRNnl
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

@Niki_K  Uhmm where can I choose which filters to display? Because on my collection TGE I want to show different filters than on my page LIGHTNING.

TRNnl
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

@flareAI sorry didn't mention you

lowrystore
Visitor
1 0 0

Where is the this filter options?  On my Collections edit page there isnt a filter option.  Can you provide picture

TRNnl
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Does someone know a solution?

artazanl
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @TRNnl,

Did you found a solution?
I am also looking to remove certain filters from specific collection pages.

azamgill
Shopify Partner
312 46 68

Hey @TRNnl 

To show different filters for different collections in Shopify, you'll need to customize your theme. Shopify doesn't support this feature natively, so you'll need to add some custom code or use a third-party app.

Here's a basic example of how you can customize your theme to achieve this:

1. First, you need to create a new collection template. Go to your Shopify admin, then go to Online Store > Themes.

2. Click on "Actions" for the theme you want to edit, then click on "Edit code".

3. In the "Templates" directory, click on "Add a new template".

4. Create a new template for "collection" type. You can name it anything you want, for example, "collection.custom".

5. In this new template, you can add your custom filter code. For example:

{% if collection.handle == 'A' %}
  <!-- Code for filters for collection A -->
{% elsif collection.handle == 'B' %}
  <!-- Code for filters for collection B -->
{% else %}
  <!-- Code for filters for other collections -->
{% endif %}

6. Save your changes.

7. Now, you can apply this new template to your collections. Go to Products > Collections, click on a collection, then in the "Theme templates" section, select your new template.

Please note that the actual filter code will depend on your theme and the type of filters you want to add. If you're not comfortable with coding, consider hiring a Shopify expert or using a third-party app like "Product Filter & Search".

Remember to always backup your theme before making any changes.

Azam Gill
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- Encourage me ❤️

Come and visit us at Wbify