Solved

How to deactivate a frozen online store I can't access?

yagi1
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi all,

I have a frozen store that I could not pay the bills for the last 2 months. I am planning to close my store but I cannot access my admin page. It directs me to the payment phase. Seems that it is not possible to access admin without paying the bills. Is there any way to do this ? I do not want to pay for a store that I am not using actually. 

Also I don't know much information about the domain. We had bought the domain through Shopify and I would like to remove it as well to make it usable again in the future. 

I would appreciate if you could answer my questions. Thanks !
Accepted Solution (1)

Iris
Shopify Staff
816 67 99

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @yagi1 ! Thanks for reaching out.

As you cannot access your admin after several failed payments, that means your store is currently closed. Therefore, if you are not planning to use that store anymore, there is no need to reactivate it only to close it again. However, if you want to disconnect the domain attached to this store, our support team will look into it further.

You can reach out to our Contact Us page and log in to the store. This will allow us to verify you as the store owner securely. Once you have successfully logged in, you should reach out to a Support Advisor to discuss the domain in question. I hope that helps. 

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Iris
Shopify Staff
816 67 99

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @yagi1 ! Thanks for reaching out.

As you cannot access your admin after several failed payments, that means your store is currently closed. Therefore, if you are not planning to use that store anymore, there is no need to reactivate it only to close it again. However, if you want to disconnect the domain attached to this store, our support team will look into it further.

You can reach out to our Contact Us page and log in to the store. This will allow us to verify you as the store owner securely. Once you have successfully logged in, you should reach out to a Support Advisor to discuss the domain in question. I hope that helps. 

yagi1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi @Iris,

Thanks for your quick and detailed response. I appreciate it. I contacted Shopify support for further questions. Now I am waiting for response. 

Shaheer723
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi @Iris , I too have the same issue, I have 2 unpaid bills and can't access my Shopify admin. I don't want to continue selling on this store, nor do I want my domain back. I want to permanently stop using this store

But the worries I have are:-

1) Shopify might charge me a very huge multiple billing fee sometime later in the future from my bank account

2) Shopify might come after me legally 

I would appreciate it if you could give me a detailed answer to clear my worries.

Iris
Shopify Staff
816 67 99

Hi @Shaheer723 ,

Thanks for reaching out. 

While I would love to give definitive answers to your concerns, this is not possible without looking at your accounts state. 

Generally speaking, if you missed paying your Shopify subscription bill or if a payment fails eight times,  then your store gets frozen. You won’t be charged for mentioned bill unless you decide to reopen that store manually. Keep in mind, this excludes any apps that have external billing or domains you may have purchased with third party domain provider. If those are not cancelled separately, you may be getting invoices from those services.

If your store is already frozen, and you don't want to reactivate it, then no action is required. However, for your peace of mind, I suggest reaching out to our Support team. We’d be happy to continue assisting you through our Help Center. Please visit this page to create a support request.

Could you tell me why you decided to close your store, and if you've experienced any difficulties? I'd hate to see someone struggling to get their store up and running, so if you're leaving because of setup or day-to-day store issues, feel free to reply to this message, and I'll help. Whatever the case, I wish you all the best in your future business endeavours.