Frozen store deactivation

Solved
yagi1
2 0 0
Hi all,

I have a frozen store that I could not pay the bills for the last 2 months. I am planning to close my store but I cannot access my admin page. It directs me to the payment phase. Seems that it is not possible to access admin without paying the bills. Is there any way to do this ? I do not want to pay for a store that I am not using actually. 

Also I don't know much information about the domain. We had bought the domain through Shopify and I would like to remove it as well to make it usable again in the future. 

I would appreciate if you could answer my questions. Thanks !
Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Iris
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
125 13 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @yagi1 ! Thanks for reaching out.

As you cannot access your admin after several failed payments, that means your store is currently closed. Therefore, if you are not planning to use that store anymore, there is no need to reactivate it only to close it again. However, if you want to disconnect the domain attached to this store, our support team will look into it further.

You can reach out to our Contact Us page and log in to the store. This will allow us to verify you as the store owner securely. Once you have successfully logged in, you should reach out to a Support Advisor to discuss the domain in question. I hope that helps. 

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
Iris
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
125 13 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @yagi1 ! Thanks for reaching out.

As you cannot access your admin after several failed payments, that means your store is currently closed. Therefore, if you are not planning to use that store anymore, there is no need to reactivate it only to close it again. However, if you want to disconnect the domain attached to this store, our support team will look into it further.

You can reach out to our Contact Us page and log in to the store. This will allow us to verify you as the store owner securely. Once you have successfully logged in, you should reach out to a Support Advisor to discuss the domain in question. I hope that helps. 

Iris | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

yagi1
2 0 0

Hi @Iris,

Thanks for your quick and detailed response. I appreciate it. I contacted Shopify support for further questions. Now I am waiting for response.