Gift card code and Promo Code Input

circular78
Tourist
11 0 2

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to get this logic to work.

I would like my customers to be able to input a promo code (e.g DISCOUNT10 - 10% OFF $100 spent) during check out. At the same, if the customer has a Gift Card code where can they input this ? How can I get this to work ??

Replies 6 (6)
Neomi_av
Shopify Partner
187 2 16

Hi circular78, I'm Neomi from the Rise.ai app
We have a solution for you!
Rise has developed a Gift Card solution that acts as a paying method and not as a discount code. Using Rise any customer would be able to buy his goods using gift cards and promo code. Rise gift cards are open to all Shopify merchants with an option to send the gift card directly to the recipient and schedule it to the perfect moment.

for more information feel free to contact me at info@rise.ai

Ash
Shopify Staff
772 86 126

Hi, @circular78!

Ash here from the Shopify team.

While multiple discount codes can't be applied to the same checkout currently, Gift Cards are considered a form of payment, and thus can be used in conjunction with a discount code. Both Gift Card codes and discount codes are entered into the same field in the checkout. Here's a screenshot from my stores checkout to show the field where those codes are entered, and to demonstrate what customers will see when both types of codes are applied to one order:

20-02-erlyh-4k2ao.png

If that field on your current theme doesn't have placeholder text mentioning both Gift Cards and discount codes, you can use the language editor to change the wording. Here is some information on how to use the language editor for themes on Shopify. This field would be found in the "checkout & system" tab, but you can also use the search bar to look for specific keywords, such as "Gift Card". 

Feel free to give this a test in your own store, and let me know if you need any further guidance. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

SouthernGraphic
2 0 0

Hello,

I am searching for answers as well. I have tried everything I can think of to make this work but the gift card or discount code will not accept my discount code on my site. I am doing a test cart to make sure my Bold membership customers get the correct pricing AND they can enter the discount code VIP for Free Shipping that I created AND they can also use the store credit they have thru the Rise app. I cant get it to work. Help please My store is southerngraphicco.com Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 10.48.03 AM.png

Olivia
Shopify Staff
775 74 140

Hi, @SouthernGraphic!

Welcome to Shopify Community and thank you for your contribution to this thread.

I'd be more than happy to help you verify that your discount function within the Shopify Admin is working correctly. Once we rule that out as a factor, it sounds like you have further restrictions you are trying to implement with two different appsDo this by temporarily disabling both apps and making sure your built in discount codes work within your checkout.

Since this will require working with third-party apps, you will need to connect with each App's Developer directly for customized assistance. Let me know if you have connected with either of them and if they have any further recommendations on how we can support you on our end.

I look forward to your reply,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 

Olivia
Shopify Staff
775 74 140

Thanks for your reply, @blakejosh

We appreciate you offering feedback and assistance to merchants through our forums.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify