Gift Card Code Email Missing Digits

Rae91200
Tourist
4 0 5

Hey there! We have had an ongoing issue that our customers receive a gift card via email but the box isn't large enough, or the font is too big, and the customer is only able to view 12 or 13 of the digits. It often isn't apparent to them that it is cut off so I am constantly having to address this on a one on one customer basis, which is just messy business! Thankfully I can see the last 4 digits of the code and can usually fill in the blanks for them, but again, messy business. I can not find a way to adjust the font size and I'm worried about messing with the coding. Are there any ideas as to how this can be resolved?

IMG_0644 2.jpg

Replies 6 (6)

Jason
Shopify Expert
11190 225 2282

Your theme will (or at least should!) have a gift card template. The default template can differ from theme to theme and could also be edited.

It might be as simple as adding some inline CSS to adjust the size of the text down but without knowing the HTML in your template we'd just be guessing as to what selector to use. Possible to share some code?

★ I jump on these forums in my free time to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work. http://freakdesign.com.au ★
Rae91200
Tourist
4 0 5
Yes! Absolutely. Happy to share coding/template info, but I feel so daft when it comes to this type of chatter and I don’t even know what I’m looking for! Let me know what info you need and I can get it for you! Thank you!
clientservice
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the gift card not displaying the entire 16 digit code to the customer. (Your post on 2-09-2021). Did this get resolved for you?

Do you mind sharing how this was fixed?

Thank you!

Rhonda-Client Service

Franklin-Christoph

SCTrading
Tourist
6 0 10

Hi - anyone else having this problem, you should be able to go into Edit Theme. From the above drop down select Other templates. Open Gift Card template. Then on the right side under Body Text - adjust the Base Size down until you see all the numbers in the sample. This should make all the numbers fit into the graphic. 

matt_peterson
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks great tip. Now I can see 15 1/2 digits. I can assume the other digit. I shrunk the base size down to the 14 minimum but I still miss a digit. My customers are older and they struggle even with this. Any ideas. Can I make the field larger?

GracieJ
Excursionist
11 0 4

Help. I’m having the same problem, but I don’t see any “body text or base size” in the code and no figures to adjust.