Google Analytics not tracking purchases

nmlcabral
2 0 0

Hello,

In the last few days I'm noticing that my Google Analytics stop reporting sales from shopify. I have all the ecommerce configurations required, and this only started to happen this week (and I didn't make any changes)

I was digging a little bit and found that now sales that come from shopify have this url format "mystore.com/xxxxxx/orders/yyyyyyyyyyyyy" where xxxxx are numbers and yyyyyyy are a string of numbers and letters.

Sales from shopify now don't have the url "/checkout/thank_you"

Does anyone experience this? Does anyone know why this is happening? There were changes in shopify that could lead to this?

Add to Carts and Product checkouts are registering well.

If anyone knows why this is happening I would be thankful

0 Likes
crazee
1 0 0

This happened to me too. I've set up the goal in GA and turned on the e-commerce settings, but no sale is being tracked...

I did reach out to the Shopify customer support - but they confirmed the url structure of the order complete page is like this:

https://domain.com/shop_id/checkouts/checkout_token/thank_you

So technically it should be tracking using"/thank_you" as the regular expression. I don't know where in the setup went wrong...

Anyone has the same issue or know how to resolve this? Much appreciated!! 

0 Likes
nmlcabral
2 0 0

Crazee,
Like I said in my thread this started to happen to me 2/3 weeks ago! It's not just the goals that are not tracking the purchases is the whole Google Analytics. If I dig in the standard Ecommerce reports none of the sales appear!

What I've noticed is that when now someone buys the URL is something like this "mystore.com/xxxxxx/orders/yyyyyyyyyyyyy", I've seen this happen live in Google Analytics live sessions...was luck, but a client made a purchase and the URL was "mystore.com/xxxxxx/orders/yyyyyyyyyyyyy"....if I go to see report of the landing pages it stopped appearing the page /thank_you.

Is anyone seeing this too? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes