Why aren't Google reviews updating on my Shopify site?

TheTribe
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, hoping someone can help here. I recently installed the Google review widget on our shopify site to show our google reiews. That worked fine but it isn't updating as we receive new reviews. I assume it should be, is there something I need to do to force an update?

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

PageFly-Lucas
Pathfinder
110 28 28

Hi @TheTribe 

This is Lucas from PageFly - Landing Page Builder App

To ensure that the Google review widget on your Shopify site updates to display new reviews, you can try the following steps:

1. Clear your browser cache: Sometimes, cached versions of web pages can prevent the widget from updating. Clearing your browser cache can help load the latest version of the page with the updated reviews.

2. Refresh the page: After clearing your browser cache, refresh the page where the Google review widget is displayed. This action will trigger a reload of the widget, potentially showing the latest reviews.

3. Check the widget settings: Review the settings of the Google review widget on your Shopify site. Verify if there are any options related to the frequency of updating or refreshing the reviews. Make sure that the widget is set to update automatically or at a reasonable interval.

4. Verify the widget code: Double-check the code snippet you added to your Shopify site for the Google review widget. Ensure that it is implemented correctly and includes the necessary instructions to update the reviews dynamically. You might want to refer to the widget's documentation or contact their support if you encounter any issues.

5. Contact the widget provider: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, consider reaching out to the support team or documentation resources of the Google review widget provider. They should be able to assist you further in troubleshooting the problem and ensuring that the widget updates as expected.

Hope that my solution works for you.

Best regards,

Lucas | PageFly

banned

flareAI
Shopify Partner
2405 223 534

Hello @TheTribe ,

Greetings! I am Gina from the flareAI app helping Shopify merchants get $6Million+ in sales from Google Search, on autopilot.

If your Shopify site's Google review widget isn't updating with new reviews, there are several potential causes and solutions to explore

-> Review Widget settings

Examine the configuration of the Google review widget. Check if there is an option to enable automatic updates or set a specific refresh interval. Ensure that these settings are configured correctly to allow the widget to fetch new reviews regularly.

-> Caching

Caching occasionally hinders the widget's ability to retrieve the most recent reviews. Clear your browser cache and refresh the page to see if that resolves the issue. Additionally, check if your website has any caching plugins or services enabled. If so, clear the cache or disable caching temporarily to see if it helps with the update.

-> Review the way you have implemented the widget's code on your Shopify site

Verify again the implementation of the Google review widget code on your Shopify site. Ensure that you have copied and pasted the code correctly and in the appropriate location. Errors in the code implementation can impede the widget's proper updating functionality.

-> Verify API key

The Google review widget may require an API key to fetch and display the reviews. Make sure you have entered the correct API key in the widget settings. If the API key is invalid or expired, the widget won't be able to retrieve new reviews. Double-check the API key and update it if necessary.

-> Contact widget provider support

Contact the customer support team of the Google review widget provider. They can assist you with troubleshooting the update issue. Provide them with details about your setup and any error messages you may have encountered.

By reviewing the widget settings, clearing caches, verifying the code implementation, and checking the API key, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue with the Google review widget.

I hope this information proves useful.

Gina

flareAI : Get Sales from Google Search, on Autopilot
$10+ billion in eCommerce on Google Search, every day. Find out how much you are missing