GTIN & MPN for dropshipping products

Millie03
Pathfinder
121 0 25

Hello,

I have just started my dropshipping store & have added the Google channel. After a bit of frustration trying to understand the information about enhanced free listings, I have discovered my products need a GTIN & an MPN. When using Oberlo to import my products from AliExpress, there are no GTIN OR MPNs. If I have over 30 products in my store, am I supposed to approach the suppliers to get these numbers for each product ? Then, where do I put this information when setting up the products in Shopify ?

Any help appreciated please.

Replies 4 (4)

mrsbrooks38
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, Im currently having this problem. If you go on your product page, click on the product, stroll down to Variants, Click to open the Variant up, Stroll down to the bottom of page where it says Inventory, look to the right and enter your Barcode (ISBN, UPC, GTIN, etc). Hope that helps someone. 

Sharp_glimpse
Visitor
1 0 0

Where are you finding the gtin numbers at?

dhill
4 0 0

Same issue and no idea how to find it. Mrs brooks38  response is unhelpful, that is the information we are looking to put in that spot. It would be great if it autopopulated but it does not. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @dhill 

You can see more info about GTINs and how to find them in Google's Help Center. They can be added to the product details in the admin, which you can find by opening an individual product, editing in the bulk editor, or adding via product CSV. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog