Solved

Has anyone used Promote My Store

Visitnifty
Visitor
2 0 2

I received a message from this company claiming they can increase traffic. All the reviews are great. Does anyone have experience using them?

Accepted Solution (1)

Elkhashab
Visitor
2 1 14

This is an accepted solution.

The Norton badge is fake, numbers of reviews definitely fake, after some research I have found it was created 17 days ago, in the bottom it says since 2009 and that’s a lie. It doesn’t look professional and they don’t know how to write a good ad content for themselves so how they will do it for you? 
Also it’s so good to be true 24 usd for one month traffic?! Then Facebook will be having a big competitor here 😁

Last thing, you still don’t know what type of traffic and also how they know 120 visit per day, this so specific even google or Facebook can’t be specific like that! They may send bots or fake traffic or worse steal your money. 
My advice is to stay away from such websites.

Just to mention I have got an advertisement to buy a shopify store on autopilot means I pay couple of thousands and I will keep getting profits all my life without doing anything as they claimed to build a store and take care and just give me profits. 
Scammers are very close, they are using your need to get your store work to take money from you. Stick to the legit big platforms and learn properly from trusted websites and YouTube channels.

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

a7m
Visitor
1 0 0

Same.. I received the email from this company 

Miss-K
Visitor
2 0 3

I received the same message.

If other sellers have used this company "Promote My Store.com", would be great if you can share your experience. 

Thank you.

PatriotTeesUSA
Visitor
2 0 1

This is what Shopify "help" shared with me about Promote My Store.  Be careful

This is quite alarming, Lisa. Unfortunately they are operating some fraudulent when it comes to marketing.

Elkhashab
Visitor
2 1 14

This is an accepted solution.

The Norton badge is fake, numbers of reviews definitely fake, after some research I have found it was created 17 days ago, in the bottom it says since 2009 and that’s a lie. It doesn’t look professional and they don’t know how to write a good ad content for themselves so how they will do it for you? 
Also it’s so good to be true 24 usd for one month traffic?! Then Facebook will be having a big competitor here 😁

Last thing, you still don’t know what type of traffic and also how they know 120 visit per day, this so specific even google or Facebook can’t be specific like that! They may send bots or fake traffic or worse steal your money. 
My advice is to stay away from such websites.

Just to mention I have got an advertisement to buy a shopify store on autopilot means I pay couple of thousands and I will keep getting profits all my life without doing anything as they claimed to build a store and take care and just give me profits. 
Scammers are very close, they are using your need to get your store work to take money from you. Stick to the legit big platforms and learn properly from trusted websites and YouTube channels.

Miss-K
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi @Elkhashab Thanks a lot for your answer, very helpful! 

I had a feeling it was fake and did not buy anything.

Visitnifty
Visitor
2 0 2
Thank you for your thorough response. I thought it looked too good to be
true and thankfully did not sign up.
SW306
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for this information.  I believe they are sending fake traffic to seller's store.. Big time Scammer!

Justanotherguy
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, i got same email about 2 weeks ago and took the risk. now saying that i do live in nz meaning i was paying around $43 instead of $24USD and im ngl it was a bit fishy at first as i recieved no email or nothing after i first ordered it. So anyway after 24 hours had passed and still no action was happening i took it upon myself too go to paypal and request a refund as i had determined it was a scam. about 2 hours after that i recieved contact saying that they were going to start marketing, so they didn't see the refund at this point and on first day of marketing i had gotten around 230 people on my website throughout the day but no sales (so could of just been bots). after the first day it dropped too almost no site visits but here is when i can't really help because they could have seen the refund etc etc so, are they a scam? to be truly honest i have absolutely no idea

JUMPIN_STORE
Visitor
1 0 1

Yes, they are scammers, we just have to be careful who you respond to, if it is too good to be true, don't go along with it. And they are some scammers really really good that sounds super convincing. Always listen to your gut. If a new fake consultant message you, raise your guards up and believe they want to scam you until proven otherwise.

WAYRT1985
Visitor
1 0 0

I concur, this site smelled fishy. Although I had one success with a young lady from Nigeria who put together my website for me. (Sopia Bella) She did an amazing job for well below market. 

Questioner
Visitor
1 0 2

I knew something was odd about this :v Thank you so much! You just saved my last dollars to start off a business. Your words will be remembered forever.

hmarsh33
Visitor
1 0 3

I made the mistake of buying it! Yes, they increase traffic, but I'm guessing they are all bots as most of them view my store and buy nothing. I haven't had someone add anything to a cart. I'm guessing they are fake since there are many inconsistencies in the email they sent talking about years of quality service yet have been around for a little over 15 days. Don't trust them.

LuxRated
Tourist
9 0 0

I also received the email and was very skeptical but convinced myself to try it, after all it was $24. I am in Canada so that was almost $40. 
I payed and heard nothing, then 2 days later I received an email saying that they will start sending traffic to my website, it is true but I am positive that they are sending bots, I have received 4000+ views and 0 sales not even an add to cart, according to the analytics they spend less then 20 seconds on my home page, I thought something was wrong with my store so I hired a web developer and still nothing, although it’s not a lot of money spend it somewhere else, or go to a trusted site and pay a bit more for a piece of mind.

TennTown
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm getting emails every week from different sales people within that company.. beginning in December. They're all using Yahoo email addresses.. NO way would I do any business with them. I wish they'd stop emailing me.

PatriotTeesUSA
Visitor
2 0 1

I used Promote My Store.  I paid my money and received nothing.  When I reached out to them, they just said that there contact must be in my Spam folder.  I paid for a month and never received services claimed.