Has anyone used the First Name personalization when creating an automation email?

Has anyone used the First Name personalization when creating an automation email?

donnamac
Trailblazer
264 5 214

I want to insert the customers first name in either the email title or the body of the email

However, when I send a 'test' email, it does not work.

I have used my email, that is INCLUDED in the customer segment I am sending it to, but it does not display my name in the test email.

I am hesitant to send it because I cannot see that it 'works'.

Has anyone used this personalization successfully?

Thanks

Replies 2 (2)

StevenDunneDev
Shopify Partner
57 14 10

Can you show us what you've done that isn't working for you?

If my answer has been helpful to you, please give it a like and accepted solution. I greatly appreciate it 🙂

If you'd like to hire me to solve bigger problems for you, please reach out. I'd love to hear from you
donnamac
Trailblazer
264 5 214

2 screen shots below. 

1. How the email is setup with first name in the title. I selected this from the dropdown menu under 'personalization'. Default if a name isn't available is blank. I interpreted this as it would just say "We miss you!" if that is the case.

donnamac_0-1719243156202.png

1. Title of the email as it shows in my inbox.  Since it didn't 'find' a name, I expected it to say "We miss you !"

donnamac_1-1719243156206.png

This test email address is in the segment that is attached to the email, but I am assuming
that is not used for a 'test'? So...I'm not really sure if this is going to work and I do not want
to send it if there is a chance it doesn't. 

Any suggestions ?

Thx