Solved

Having issues contacting LIVE CHAT.

OrangeFatCat
Tourist
6 0 5

So I'm trying to contact live support but it keeps redirecting me back to the Q&A page. I've tried the following:

1. Clearing cache

2. With another store account

3. Using multiple browsers.

2ND ISSUE: (This is why I'm desperately trying to contact LIVE SUPPORT, I can't add Shopify PAYMENTS)

"

Could not activate Shopify Payments

• Name has already been taken <- What?
  • you must disable Shopify Payments to use this provider "  <- It isn't even activated.... 

All this issue happened once I changed my billing address to another country. Now I can't access LIVE SUPPORT and SHOPIFY PAYMENTS> 

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@OrangeFatCat 

I will need you to confirm that you have manually typed a question, then used the contact button that appears at the bottom of the search results. If you can include a video showing that you have typed a question, then used the button at the bottom of the search results (as shown in my screenshot) then I can take a look into why that is happening. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 22 (22)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@OrangeFatCat 

To help resolve your second issue will require that you contact our Support. After you have logged into the Help Centre, it does require that you search your question/issue, then select "Contact Support" at the bottom of the page that shows the search results. What are you searching and what do you see after you select "contact support?"

OrangeFatCat
Tourist
6 0 5

Doesn't matter what I search, clicking the "CONTACT SUPPORT" button below just redirects back to the same Q&A page. Been stuck this way for weeks now. Please help.Screenshot_2.png

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@OrangeFatCat 

Could you share what you're searching for? Could you also try Google Chrome Incognito mode?

OrangeFatCat
Tourist
6 0 5

To fix the second issue, doesn't matter what Q&A I click. They all lead to the same problem, the button doesn't work it just redirects me back to that same page regardless of the questions..

OrangeFatCat
Tourist
6 0 5

Even tried incognito to no avail. Other browsers do not work. Cookies, cache cleaned. VPN turned off/on. 

All this happened after I changed my address from "United States' to "Singapore", now I can't access the live chat support regardless of whatever questions I choose on the Q&A dashboard. 

Can someone from Shopify please look into my store? Thank you.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@OrangeFatCat 

Our support here would be limited as we do not have the means to authenticate your account, so going through the Help Centre is the best option. Could you share a video of the steps you're taking? I would need to know what you're searching for as well. 

Should look similar to this: 

09-53-85078-32439

OrangeFatCat
Tourist
6 0 5

Here it is.. 

VIDEO:

https://streamable.com/kc66sy

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@OrangeFatCat 

Thank you for the video. Instead of clicking one of the links, could you please try searching for your question/issue? You should then see the contact support option near the bottom of the page that shows the search results. 

OrangeFatCat
Tourist
6 0 5

It doesn't matter what questions or answers I click on, they all redirect me back to the same page. Any other way I can contact shopify support?

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

This is an accepted solution.

@OrangeFatCat 

I will need you to confirm that you have manually typed a question, then used the contact button that appears at the bottom of the search results. If you can include a video showing that you have typed a question, then used the button at the bottom of the search results (as shown in my screenshot) then I can take a look into why that is happening. 

sykres
Tourist
3 0 6

This is not a solution and you know it.

Stop screwing with us and reactivate the contact us page.  There's absolutely no public contact info for shopify at all, and this includes the live chat.  It's all just gone and instead redirects us to some BS  help center.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@sykres 

Thank you for your feedback. The post was marked as solved by the author of the post as they believed the response(s) addressed their issue. While we don't have direct contact information to provide, you can access support through our help center. However; it is important to note that you do need to manually type in a search query before the "contact support" button will appear. Once you have manually typed your question/issue, you'll then see a page that shows you a list of possible help articles. At the bottom of the page, you'll find the contact button which will guide you to the contact page to schedule a callback, start a chat, or send an email. 

You may need to clear your cache/cookies or try Google Chrome Incognito mode if you're having trouble with accessing our support options. If none of the above works, please provide a screenshot of what you're seeing, along with what you're searching in the help center so I can help troubleshoot this with you. 

Emanuele1
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello

I have the same problem. 

Can you guys help?

JOLLYROTTEN
Visitor
2 0 2

I've been using shopify for almost two years now. I'm starting to look to go elsewhere. The amount of time I spend trying to contact support takes away from my time to create and sell. It's very frustrating.. Nobody wants to constantly read forums of people going through the same issues. HELP US geesus.

azecom
Shopify Partner
5 0 3

The exact same thing happens to me, it is IMPOSSIBLE to contact chat support. I've been trying for MORE THAN 1 MONTH, I'm going to unsubscribe. I've cleared cache, I've tried in incognito mode... what have you done? Have you removed the chat? I find it incredible.

bonekuho
Tourist
4 0 0

I have asked at least 15 questions in Help Support and none provide the answer I need and no Contact Link pops up.  If Shopify Support is not easy to access then people will move their shops from Shopify.  We are considering this move as well.  Shopify Support used to be good.  It may still be good but if we can't reach it when we need it then what good is it?

dmhharris
Tourist
8 0 3

I am not getting to the search query page!!!!

bonekuho
Tourist
4 0 0

I have the same issue.  I have been searching help topics for over a half hour now.  Nothing matches.  Can't reach support by phone or chat.  Keep going in infinite loop.  Shopify Help Support used to be good.  One of the main reasons I use Shopify.  Now it is going downhill.  Don't say you offer 24/7 support if we can't reach support.  

dmhharris
Tourist
8 0 3

Trevor,

I am having the same problem.

I am running two stores and when I select the store that is having issues I continue to be directed to this page (see attached)

JM_Korrupt
Tourist
6 0 6

truth. and still a problem.

Wellness2022
Excursionist
13 0 7

I'm having the same issue. New user and I'm already regretting using this platform. Did you happen to find a solution? 

JustinTIAtravel
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm beyond furious!!! This is an ongoing issue for over a year with Shopify!!!

I am fully unable to access the support chat since yesterday meaning I can't get any help with something that is also broken on your end - the email verification system. Please have someone reach out to me ASAP!