Solved

Hello, It's Jarian Logan Here With 2 Questions...

JarianVIIX
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Guys!! 😊 I'm NEW Here So Naturally I Don't Expect to make ALOT of Money After First Joining Up With Shopify. But... For Some Reason (I DON'T Know Why!) I Haven't made A Single PENNY Using Shopify. I Write Gay Erotica and Fictional (And I Stress That Once Again, "FICTIONAL!!") Fantasy Stories (NONE of Which are Actually BASED on True/Real Life Events!) And For SOME Weird Odd Reason, I haven't Even Had At Least "ONE!!!" Visitor to my Page! Why am I Not Getting ANY Visitors and Why am I Not making ANY Money?!

At THIS Point, I'd Be Happy Selling at Least 1 E-book, But What The Heck is Going ON!!! 😢💖

Accepted Solution (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @JarianVIIX!

I can totally empathize where you're coming from, it can definitely take a bit of time and work in order to get both traffic and sales on your store. If you haven't already done so, the first thing I recommend doing is to lay out a business plan for your store. It will help identify some key areas that can help your business grow.

It's also important to note that with having an independent website that you run on an ecommerce platform like Shopify, marketing your online store will help drive some traffic to your website. You can have a read of our Shopify Blog here, for some tips on marketing strategies that you can implement for your store, as well as our guide here on increasing traffic to your website.

If you don't mind sharing a link to your website with us, we can also take a look at it to provide some feedback on how you can improve your online store experience too!

What types of marketing have you tried for your online store?

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @JarianVIIX!

I can totally empathize where you're coming from, it can definitely take a bit of time and work in order to get both traffic and sales on your store. If you haven't already done so, the first thing I recommend doing is to lay out a business plan for your store. It will help identify some key areas that can help your business grow.

It's also important to note that with having an independent website that you run on an ecommerce platform like Shopify, marketing your online store will help drive some traffic to your website. You can have a read of our Shopify Blog here, for some tips on marketing strategies that you can implement for your store, as well as our guide here on increasing traffic to your website.

If you don't mind sharing a link to your website with us, we can also take a look at it to provide some feedback on how you can improve your online store experience too!

What types of marketing have you tried for your online store?

JarianVIIX
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Man, THANKS!! 😃 At First I Just thought that people didnt like my Work. But You Literally JUST Gave Me The Answer I Was Looking For!

A Friend of mine, Who has Produced 2 Adult Games. Makes TONS of money, But HE Told Me That it Took HIM Nearly a Year Before He Made His FIRST Sale and Before he was making The Kind of Money That He's Making Now. But I Won't Give Up! Thanks Again!!! 

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

No worries at all @JarianVIIX!

When you're shipping out new marketing campaigns to help drive traffic to your store, just remember to keep track of your analytics so that you know and are aware of how your campaign is performing. This will allow you to understand which strategies and campaigns have worked more than others, and will help you tailor a marketing strategy that works best for your business.

At the end of the day, all businesses require different plans and have different methods that work. Advertising also requires trial and error, so don't be too discouraged if a particular ad you're running isn't performing as well as you'd hope it would be. Instead, view it as an opportunity to continue exploring other means of advertising that will work best for your business.

All the very best for your store!