Why aren't all products showing in my sidebar collection on Shopify?

Mescullion
Visitor
2 0 0

I have one collection in my sidebar menu that is not showing any products. Same collection in the collection list has all products visible. The rest of the collections in the sidebar menu are all showing product.  Please help

Reply 1 (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @Mescullion!

A few possibilities come to mind when products in a collection don't appear on the website. First, the status of your products could be set to Draft instead of Active. Products need to have an active status for them to be published on the website. Another possibility is that your products may not have been set to be available in the Online Store sales channel. They need to be available in the channels you wish for them to appear. Lastly, you may have filter tags when you set up the collection as a menu item. The website may not find any products that have the tags you've set and when that's the case, no products appear.

I've shared sets of steps below that you can follow to make adjustments accordingly for each situation. Feel free to go through them to troubleshoot the issue.

Draft status instead of Active

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.
  2. Click the title of one of the products that aren't appearing on the collection page.
  3. On the Product status section, click the dropdown menu if it says Draft and change it to Active. 

alt

4. Click Save.

Products aren't available in the Online Store

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.
  2. Click the title of one of the products that aren't appearing on the collection page.
  3. On the Product status section, click Manage besides Sales channels and apps. 

alt

4. If Online Store doesn't have a check beside it, click the checkbox to its left.
  5. Click Done.
  6. Click Save.

Irrelevant filter tags are present in the menu item

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
  2. Click the menu in question.
  3. Click Edit beside the menu item or the collection that's not showing any products.
  4. On the right sidebar, check the box underneath Filter collection with tags. 

alt

• Take note that the tags that should only be here are the tags that have been added to your products.
    • If there are tags that are not present in any product, you can remove them.
    • Filtering a collection with tags is appropriate when you have not organized and assigned your products to their own collections. If the correct products are already in the collection, there's no need for the tags in this area. You can remove them all then.
  5. Click Apply changes.
  6. Click Save.

If none of these make the products appear in the collection, we’ll need to access your account in order to investigate and help you resolve the concern. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

While we're on the topic of collections, make sure you optimize them so they have the ability to boost your sales. It may not seem like it but the way you set up collections can significantly help your business in the long run. When collections are easily accessible and have the elements that can push customers to purchase your products, they can raise the number of sales in your store. To know how you can configure your collections to your advantage, feel free to read this article that shares best practices on setting up collections to drive traffic and boost your store's credibility.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog