Help! Product CSV File Upload Error: Validation failed: The variant 'Default Title' already exists.

RetroArt
1 0 0

I'm trying to upload a CSV file with 25 products; there are no options/variants for the products but most of the products do have more than one image. On my first attempt, 14 products of 49 uploaded successfully, but I cannot upload the remaining 35. I get the "Validation failed: The variant 'Default Title' already exists." for every line. The current file is formatted EXACTLY the same way; all I did was delete the rows with the successfully uploaded products. Anyone have a solution??

Replies 62 (62)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3067 400 627

@jeevankumarkr 

You'll need to remove the values from the columns I mentioned in my last reply. Once you have, the CSV will import successfully. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

britishdsire
3 0 0

@Trevor 

Hello I am Facing a validation error: "The variant 'Default Title' already exists"

this is my CSV file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MJ5NlMElxlliADIu9p23cFdq4h9BTi_A/view?usp=sharing

Trevor
Community Moderator
3067 400 627

@britishdsire 

You don't have any values in Option 1 Name & Option 1 Value which is required as per our help document here. You will also need to fix your handles. Handles can contain letters, dashes, and numbers, but no spaces, accents, or other characters, including periods. Handles are used in the URL for each product.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog