Help!! - Store Closed due to Attestation of Sale of Branded Products - How to reopen??

Solved
jmhavens
1 0 0

Help - I don't remember seeing any email or mail regarding a requirement to fill out an attestation form.  They just terminated my website.  I clicked the link in the email to fill out the online attestation form.  What do I do or who do I contact now to reinstate my store??  Did they mail this out?  I have recently moved.  I searched my inbox for an original request for this attestation form but couldn't find one.  I do get a lot of phishing type scams for people posing as shopify trying to get my info and overlook some stuff, but I searched my entire email.

Please help

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Imogen
Shopify Staff
162 23 25

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @jmhavens

Thanks for giving us a heads up about your situation. I can confirm that Shopify has been sending out Attestation emails over the past few weeks. If you've received an email with the following subject line: 'Action required to continue selling branded or trademarked products', it is very likely that the email is legitimate and you should follow the steps outlined within. If you like, you can contact our support team directly at this link here and they can confirm the email as legitimate for you. 

In that email, you would have been provided a form to be completed. You mentioned completing the form but I just want to make sure that you've completed it in it's entirety. 

In terms of next steps, once you've completed the form, our team will take some time to look at the information you've provided. If you have any concerns about this process, I suggest that you reply directly to the email that was sent to you with the form to fill out as the folks on the other end are best equipped to answer any questions you may have. 

Was there language used in the email you most recently received that suggested you would have been notified of this in the past? I'm just curious as your post seems to suggest this. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
162 23 25

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @jmhavens

Thanks for giving us a heads up about your situation. I can confirm that Shopify has been sending out Attestation emails over the past few weeks. If you've received an email with the following subject line: 'Action required to continue selling branded or trademarked products', it is very likely that the email is legitimate and you should follow the steps outlined within. If you like, you can contact our support team directly at this link here and they can confirm the email as legitimate for you. 

In that email, you would have been provided a form to be completed. You mentioned completing the form but I just want to make sure that you've completed it in it's entirety. 

In terms of next steps, once you've completed the form, our team will take some time to look at the information you've provided. If you have any concerns about this process, I suggest that you reply directly to the email that was sent to you with the form to fill out as the folks on the other end are best equipped to answer any questions you may have. 

Was there language used in the email you most recently received that suggested you would have been notified of this in the past? I'm just curious as your post seems to suggest this. 

ShopsugarSpice
1 0 0

Hi I need help !!

My website is showing down looks like it was terminated because an email Attestation email was not filled but this flew into my spam and I did not see it. 

I finally filled out the form, will I be able to get my site up again??

Imogen
Shopify Staff
162 23 25

Hi there, @ShopsugarSpice!

Thanks for joining in on the thread!

It's difficult for us to say specifically what can be done here in the Community since we're unable to authenticate you or your account to discuss specific details. 

My suggestion here is that if you're looking for a direct answer about this situation in regards to your account, you're going to want to reach out to our live support team and speak to them. The Live Support Team will be able to authenticate you and your account, and disclose account-specific information to you that we cannot do here. They should be able to provider you a clear answer to your question. You can reach them using this link here

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply here and I'll do what I can to assist. 

hattiegates
1 0 0

Hi,

My website got deleted as I didn't fill the Attestation form in time too. I have tried contacting shopify via the live chat but as my website is now 'inactive' I can't get through to anyone on the help centre. 

Is it too late to get it back the deadline to fill in the form was a week ago. Thanks!

Imogen
Shopify Staff
162 23 25

Hi there, @hattiegates!

Thanks for jumping into your conversation here!

Good question here! Typically, you would want to speak to someone from the live team about something like this because that advisor would be able to authenticate you and your account, and speak to any private, account specific information there that we're unable to discuss here. However, you mentioned you've tried to do this already and can't seem to get through, so I will advise on a different step here for you to take. 

If you have any questions about the attestation email, or the consequences of not completing it before the deadline, it's best to reply directly to the email itself as the folks on the other end will be able to answer all of your questions. 

In your situation, I would complete the form so it's prepared to be submitted, and I'd reply to the email that sent you the form so you can get answer from your question directly from our Team.

Let me know if you have any questions!

harsh28
5 0 0

why one gets such mail?

1) shopify regular check up?

2) Some company or artist contacted shopify to take it down?

Imogen
Shopify Staff
162 23 25

Hi there, @harsh28.

Thanks for joining in on the conversation! 

The reason for these emails being sent to stores is listed within the email itself. The reasoning is account specific, so I cannot say for certain why someone's store may have received the email notice to complete the attestation form as that's private, account specific information. 

If you've received an email with the form, I recommend you give it a read over and the reason should become clear. 

If you haven't received one of these emails, then you likely have no need to be concerned about receiving one at this time. 

Hopefully this information is helpful! If you have any additional questions, just let me know.