Help!! - Store Closed due to Attestation of Sale of Branded Products - How to reopen??

Solved
jmhavens
1 0 0

Help - I don't remember seeing any email or mail regarding a requirement to fill out an attestation form.  They just terminated my website.  I clicked the link in the email to fill out the online attestation form.  What do I do or who do I contact now to reinstate my store??  Did they mail this out?  I have recently moved.  I searched my inbox for an original request for this attestation form but couldn't find one.  I do get a lot of phishing type scams for people posing as shopify trying to get my info and overlook some stuff, but I searched my entire email.

Please help

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Imogen
Shopify Staff
50 7 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @jmhavens

Thanks for giving us a heads up about your situation. I can confirm that Shopify has been sending out Attestation emails over the past few weeks. If you've received an email with the following subject line: 'Action required to continue selling branded or trademarked products', it is very likely that the email is legitimate and you should follow the steps outlined within. If you like, you can contact our support team directly at this link here and they can confirm the email as legitimate for you. 

In that email, you would have been provided a form to be completed. You mentioned completing the form but I just want to make sure that you've completed it in it's entirety. 

In terms of next steps, once you've completed the form, our team will take some time to look at the information you've provided. If you have any concerns about this process, I suggest that you reply directly to the email that was sent to you with the form to fill out as the folks on the other end are best equipped to answer any questions you may have. 

Was there language used in the email you most recently received that suggested you would have been notified of this in the past? I'm just curious as your post seems to suggest this. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
50 7 2

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there, @jmhavens

Thanks for giving us a heads up about your situation. I can confirm that Shopify has been sending out Attestation emails over the past few weeks. If you've received an email with the following subject line: 'Action required to continue selling branded or trademarked products', it is very likely that the email is legitimate and you should follow the steps outlined within. If you like, you can contact our support team directly at this link here and they can confirm the email as legitimate for you. 

In that email, you would have been provided a form to be completed. You mentioned completing the form but I just want to make sure that you've completed it in it's entirety. 

In terms of next steps, once you've completed the form, our team will take some time to look at the information you've provided. If you have any concerns about this process, I suggest that you reply directly to the email that was sent to you with the form to fill out as the folks on the other end are best equipped to answer any questions you may have. 

Was there language used in the email you most recently received that suggested you would have been notified of this in the past? I'm just curious as your post seems to suggest this. 

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post