Solved

How can I add a second owner to my online store?

Dedoviq
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there, how i can make another owner of my store because i got 1 plan and don't know how to make another owner.

Accepted Solution (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Dedoviq,

Welcome to the Community!

Your store can have only one store owner at a time. Only the store owner has complete access to every part of the Shopify admin and can manage the account details. If you choose another staff member to be the store owner, then you lose this unrestricted access, and you might not be able to manage staff permissions in future.

I would suggest creating a staff account. This means you can grant access to your Shopify store and let staff log in as separate users. You can give permissions to your staff to allow you to manage what your store’s staff can view, and what they can do in your Shopify admin or Shopify POS. Please follow the steps listed below to set up a staff account:

By default, staff have no permissions and need to be given permissions. There are some actions that only a store owner has permission to do. Carefully consider which permissions you give to your staff. For security reasons, only create one staff login per staff.

While you're here, I'd love to hear more about your online business and what products you are selling,

I look forward to your reply!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 326

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Dedoviq,

Welcome to the Community!

Your store can have only one store owner at a time. Only the store owner has complete access to every part of the Shopify admin and can manage the account details. If you choose another staff member to be the store owner, then you lose this unrestricted access, and you might not be able to manage staff permissions in future.

I would suggest creating a staff account. This means you can grant access to your Shopify store and let staff log in as separate users. You can give permissions to your staff to allow you to manage what your store’s staff can view, and what they can do in your Shopify admin or Shopify POS. Please follow the steps listed below to set up a staff account:

By default, staff have no permissions and need to be given permissions. There are some actions that only a store owner has permission to do. Carefully consider which permissions you give to your staff. For security reasons, only create one staff login per staff.

While you're here, I'd love to hear more about your online business and what products you are selling,

I look forward to your reply!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog