Hiding products used solely for inventory

Hiding products used solely for inventory

jbrielle
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello!

So I've been trying for a couple weeks to research and figure this out but to no avail. I'm planning to sell handbags that are fully customizable and have over 100 variants so I'm using a 3rd party app for that. To track inventory for certain add on pieces, I was told to create products for the elements and add the variant, EX: chain is the "product" and the colors are it's variants. However, all the elements can be found when viewing all products. I need them included in the online store sales channel (only channel they are in) to be able to count inventory BUT I don't want them to be visible, clickable, etc for customers. I added them to an inventory collection and excluded the collection from sales channels but the individual products show up still. I created a hidden tag but I'm thinking I missed something. Is hiding these inventory elements from customers possible to do? Hopefully my ask makes sense

Replies 5 (5)

ES1
Shopify Partner
80 8 12

Hi,

Can you please share a few screenshots of what exactly is happening and how you would want it to work for you, without taking a look it is hard to determine your exact requirement.

Thanks

jbrielle
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello!

Here is the URL https://www.shopjbrielle.com/collections/all  If customers, select all, they can see the items that are for inventory only purposes. Chain color, fabric, etc. They are in a collection, so they are not visible as a collection, but they are visible individually under products. I don't want them to be seen by customers because they are not something that is available to purchase separately. I need them to be in the online sales channel so they can track inventory. If I take them out of that sales channel, it doesn't work properly.

ES1
Shopify Partner
80 8 12

Hi,

Your store is pass protected, please share frontscreen pass from Preferences section under Online Store.

Thanks

jbrielle
Tourist
5 0 1

Gowreu

jbrielle
Tourist
5 0 1

They also appear on the checkout page but the 3rd party app was able to hide them in the cart.