high traffic stops at homepage, 100% bounce rate

Kenza4130
Visitor
2 0 3

Hey guys,

Just started my new shop about 2 weeks ago. Ive got about 1000 people that visited so far but when

I look at the pages they been to its all homepage 😕 its as if no one was ever able to get on another page. Initially I didnt have the cookier banner since Im selling in France only but even after I added it still no visits to other pages. Did this ever happen to someone here? If anyone could help I would be so grateful. 

Replies 5 (5)

Made_by_Lanzi
Shopify Partner
111 10 22

Hi @Kenza4130 , thank you for visiting the Shopify Forum

First of all, lovely store, congrats!

First, it could be a problem of site speed, but speed looks ok so don't worry:

Made_by_Lanzi_0-1648913415377.png

The store does not seem to have a technical issue, I have to ask: how are you bringing traffic? perhaps they are not the right traffic. Is bounce rate appearing as 100%?! they don't take any action in the store? please let us know

Lanzi

Shopify & Klaviyo Partner

PD: If this answer helped you please like & accept it

NEED MORE HELP?
Get fast and affordable solutions ~ contact me at info@madebylanzi.com
Get Social! @madebylanzi
Madebylanzi.com- Miami, Florida
Kenza4130
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi Lanzi,

Thanks 🙂 Im getting traffic through facebook and snapchat ads mainly. No action at all everyone stays on home page, not a single other page was visited 😕

Made_by_Lanzi
Shopify Partner
111 10 22

Ok, so first do not get discourage, your pieces and store is beautiful 😊 jewelry is a super competitive category

Running succesful Ads is difficult, there's a lot of thing that I could tell you but let me give you some keys:

• Don't send people to the hompage, it converts better if the Ads if about a specific piece or collection and you send them straight to that product or collection page (or ideally a landing page)
  • You need to have retention in place. There has to be a pop up inviting people to suscribe. You are paying for each visit, it is key that you get emails of some of them to sell to them later. (I see that you don't have Klaviyo, that would be ideal)
  • If you are running Ads you need more than OK speed, you need super optimized store speed because people leave if it's not super fast (psst...we can do this for you in 48hs)
  • Last thing, these Ad platform take a while for their algorithm to find the right people to show your ads to, so it gets better with time. Also, make sure to do conversion ads. (And try Tik Tok ads too!)
  • Don't forget to make organic content in those platforms and use hastags like #smallbusiness  etc.

If you'd like us to help you with this or give you some guidance please DM me or email info@madebylanzi.com.

By the way, I have a Tik Tok series coming this week about "Why Ads Don't Work" follow me HERE.

Happy Saturday,
Lanzi

NEED MORE HELP?
Get fast and affordable solutions ~ contact me at info@madebylanzi.com
Get Social! @madebylanzi
Madebylanzi.com- Miami, Florida
Dotflakes
Excursionist
33 0 9

Snapchat 100% bot. It happened to me. All of my daily budget had blown up within seconds and hundreds of bots just showed up at the same time just for seconds. 

PageFly-Richard
Shopify Partner
4164 935 1586

Hi @Kenza4130 

Congrats on your new store! I’m Richard Nguyen- CRO Expert at PageFly- Advanced Page Builder I’d like to give you some feedback and suggestions for over 100.000 merchants to help increase conversion rates for your store based on 5 years of experience.

Basically your store has some good points:
- Showing Featured Collections on Homepage

- Showing Best Sellers on home page

- Having announcement bar

- Hero banner on the top of home page

However, I have some feedback and hope this helps:
1. Make the Header menu sticky

header menu.png

A sticky menu header helps customers to reach out to the menu and access the menu anytime they want. It will help customers navigate themselves from every part of the homepage to any page of your store more conveniently.

2. Have a CTA button on the hero banner

Currently you are having a banner on your home page. It would help your conversion rate better if you added there a Call-to-action button. A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store.

With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc.

button.png

3. Add Shipping & Refund Policy 
Currently your store is lacking Shipping & Refund Policy, which is a very important information affects customers' buying decision. Normally it should be added to the Footer of your site, or added to your Product pages. 

For Collection pages:

4. Use ‘Load More’ Instead of Pagination
“Load More” button is where users can click or tap a button to load more products at the end of the list. “Load More” proved to be the loading schema that worked best across desktop and mobile devices, for both category-based product lists and search results. A “Load More” button enables users to decide whether they need to see more products, and also to have all products viewed in one page — allowing easier comparison between items.

load more.png

5. Display a minimum of 6 reviews by default and allow users to submit reviews
Normally, users often rely on reviews to judge a product besides product detail descriptions and other info given by a site since they consider them more legit and authentic. I would recommend you display reviews on your product page (with a minimum of 6 reviews with the ability to “Load more” and allow users to submit their reviews.

Moreover, you can check this guide to pick the best reviews app for your store!

In addition, Shopify builds great tools so you can sell a product to a customer without producing it. And PageFly is a great tool to make your customers love the product without touching it. See our Product Page solution here!

If you want to nail your conversion,  you may want to check  a guide for some Shopify apps which can help increase your sales.

And that's my feedback. You can consider checking PageFly - Free Page Builder with 24/7 support live chat to create a more impressive look for your store to really increase conversion.

If you find my comment useful, please let me know by giving it a Like or Mark it as Solution. Thank you!

Richard - PageFly.

Please let me know if it works by giving it a Like or marking it as a solution!

PageFly - #1 Page Builder for Shopify merchants.

All features are available from Free plan. Live Chat Support is available 24/7.