How can I add a shipping date attribute to my store's packing slip?

Haider512
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

I add a additional attribute in cart that was shipping date it's code is below. Now I want to add this on my store Packing Slip. Are you guys help me that which liquid code will use there.

<p>
Select a date for delivery (Required) <br>
<input
name="attributes[Shipping date]"
placeholder="Click to Select Date* "
type="text"
id="datepicker"
required
>
</p>

Haider512_0-1711711624193.png

Its showing up in order

Reply 1 (1)

Xipirons
Shopify Partner
136 24 30

Hi @Haider512 

To add the custom cart attribute "Shipping date" to your packing slip, you can follow these steps:

1. Go to your Shopify admin and navigate to Settings > Shipping and delivery.

2. Scroll down to the "Packing slips" section and click on "Edit template".

3. In the packing slip template editor, locate the appropriate place where you want to display the shipping date. It's common to add it near the shipping address or order details.

4. Add the following Liquid code to display the "Shipping date" attribute:

{% if order.attributes.Shipping date != blank %}
<p><strong>Shipping Date:</strong> {{ order.attributes.Shipping date }}</p>
{% endif %}

This code checks if the "Shipping date" attribute exists and is not blank. If it exists, it will display the attribute value on the packing slip.

5. Click "Save" to apply the changes to your packing slip template.

Now, whenever an order is placed with a selected shipping date, it will be included on the packing slip for that order.

Note: Make sure the attribute name in the Liquid code matches exactly with the name you used in the cart page input field, including the capitalization. In your case, it should be "Shipping date".

By adding this code to your packing slip template, the custom shipping date selected by the customer will be displayed on the packing slip, providing the necessary information for order fulfillment.

Was this helpful? Like or Accept solution - Buy me a coffee
- Contact me: Xipirons | WhatsApp
- Shopify Developer based in France, helping online merchants succeed