How can I create collections featuring only certain variants of my products?

How can I create collections featuring only certain variants of my products?

aliceweegee
Tourist
9 0 2

I am trying to create collections featuring only certain variants. For example, I am launching a range of handles and want to create a collection called 'Small handles' that will show only the variant that matches 'small' and not feature the rest of the variants from the same product e.g 'medium' or 'large'. I am using Globo's 'Smart Product Filter & Search' app, in part to show variants as separate products. This is working well. However, when I create a collection called 'Small' with conditions set to 'Variant's title contains' = 'Small', all four variants within the product are shown in the collection.

I am using a theme called Monaco.

Any and all help would be hugely appreciated!

Replies 2 (2)
aliceweegee
Tourist
9 0 2

Thank you so much for your reply! I've just had a go at implementing your solution but I don't seem to have the condition option of 'Variant's option value'. Do I need to create it as a metafield or something?

aliceweegee
Tourist
9 0 2

Thanks again for your reply. Setting up a variant metafield is resulting in the same issue. All 4 variants from within the same product are being shown, even when I've set the condition to match the above.

There is a message in the collection conditions section that reads 'This collection will include all products with at least one variant that matches: Handle type.'

Any other thoughts on how to troubleshoot this? I really appreciate your ongoing help!