Solved

How can I duplicate my entire online shop?

S-Springfield
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi, 

We have a shop that is complete and up and running.

We would like to duplicate that whole shop, with all its settings and products to start another one. 

Is it possible and if so, how?

Accepted Solution (1)

NomtechSolution
Astronaut
1245 113 149

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, it is possible to duplicate your existing Shopify shop, including all its settings and products, to create another shop. Shopify provides a built-in feature called "Duplicate store" that allows you to copy your entire store's setup to a new store.

Here's how you can duplicate your Shopify shop:

1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
  2. Go to the "Settings" tab and select "Plan and permissions."
  3. Scroll down to the "Store status" section and click on the "Duplicate store" button.
  4. Enter a name for your new store in the "Duplicate store name" field.
  5. Review the information about what gets copied during the duplication process, and click on the "Duplicate store" button to proceed.
  6. Wait for the duplication process to complete. This may take some time, depending on the size of your store and the number of products.
  7. Once the duplication is finished, Shopify will create a new store with all the settings, configurations, and products from your original store.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

NomtechSolution
Astronaut
1245 113 149

This is an accepted solution.

Yes, it is possible to duplicate your existing Shopify shop, including all its settings and products, to create another shop. Shopify provides a built-in feature called "Duplicate store" that allows you to copy your entire store's setup to a new store.

Here's how you can duplicate your Shopify shop:

1. Log in to your Shopify admin panel.
  2. Go to the "Settings" tab and select "Plan and permissions."
  3. Scroll down to the "Store status" section and click on the "Duplicate store" button.
  4. Enter a name for your new store in the "Duplicate store name" field.
  5. Review the information about what gets copied during the duplication process, and click on the "Duplicate store" button to proceed.
  6. Wait for the duplication process to complete. This may take some time, depending on the size of your store and the number of products.
  7. Once the duplication is finished, Shopify will create a new store with all the settings, configurations, and products from your original store.
theedgeofshop
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, seeing this several months later but I don't see a "Plans and Permissions" section in settings. I see "Plan" and "Users & Permissions", neither of which seem to have a "Duplicate Store" button.

Can you help guide with some screenshots please or has maybe settings changes in the last few months?

Thanks in advance!

GetGifts
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same question??!!  Have you had any luck?

theedgeofshop
Visitor
2 0 0

@NomtechSolution  see above...thanks!

but...looks like the post might have been banned??

LOUIZA
Visitor
1 0 0

hii 

can you also change the languegue if the store wiht these steps?

Ujjaval
Shopify Partner
1242 197 210

@S-Springfield you want to duplicate the theme into the same store or into the another store ? if you want in same store then click on triple dot and duplicate the theme and give the theme name as you want to give. If you want to duplicate theme in another store then  you must have to download theme click on download option . So , theme will be send on your register store email from over there you can download it and upload on your desire store on which store you want to upload it.
you can see duplicate theme and download theme option in below image : 

Ujjaval_0-1684751926339.png

from below option you can upload the downloaded theme : 

Ujjaval_1-1684752008304.png