How can I embed a Spotify playlist on my main page?

Solved

How can I embed a Spotify playlist on my main page?

studiovetyver
9 0 0

Hi everyone,

I managed to add a spotify playlist to a blog post but is it also possible to embed it directly on the main page? What type of block should be used? And also, is it possible to have it play automatically as you enter the site?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Accepted Solution (1)

Rio
Shopify Staff
294 20 42

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @studiovetyver

That's a great question! You can do this in many Shopify themes by adding a custom HTML section. Just scroll to your theme page and add the HTML section. Once you've done that just paste your code and move that section to the ideal location. 

If you can let me know what theme it is you're currently using I'm happy to show you.

Whether you're an artist or manage an artist, you can also sell Shopify products directly on your Spotify Artist page through our integration with...

Feel free to share your website and I'm happy to provide some website improvements or tips! 

Rio | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Rio
Shopify Staff
294 20 42

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @studiovetyver

That's a great question! You can do this in many Shopify themes by adding a custom HTML section. Just scroll to your theme page and add the HTML section. Once you've done that just paste your code and move that section to the ideal location. 

If you can let me know what theme it is you're currently using I'm happy to show you.

Whether you're an artist or manage an artist, you can also sell Shopify products directly on your Spotify Artist page through our integration with...

Feel free to share your website and I'm happy to provide some website improvements or tips! 

Rio | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

johnthomson112
5 0 0

Adding a Spotify playlist directly to your main page is definitely possible! To embed it, you typically use an HTML embed code provided by Spotify. Here’s how you can do it:

1. Embedding the Playlist:

• Go to your Spotify playlist.
    • Click on the three dots (...) next to the playlist.
    • Select "Copy embed code" or "Copy Spotify URI" (if using a CMS that supports Spotify URIs).
    • In your website's content management system (CMS), use an HTML block or widget to paste the embed code. Alternatively, if your CMS supports embedding by URL or Spotify URI, use that method.
  2. Autoplay Feature:

• Spotify playlists do not have an autoplay feature built into their embed code due to user experience considerations and browser restrictions.
    • Users typically need to click on the playlist to start playback.

By following these steps, you can integrate your Spotify playlist seamlessly into your main page or blog post. If you have further questions or need more detailed instructions based on your specific CMS, feel free to ask!