How can I find out which day of the week is my busiest?

KellyMonster
Visitor
1 0 0

Is there a way you could let me know if my weekends are specifically busier in the morning or evening, which helps with staffing and stocking needs? I have no idea if there is a way to find out this information. It seems that I could go and check every day and log information myself, but is there an option on Shopify to do this for me? 

Replies 2 (2)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @KellyMonster 

There absolutely is a way to see this data in your store! Shopify provides a very robust selection of analytic reports for you to use. All stores come with a standard set of reports and higher level plans allow for more built in reports to become available. 

The report you are looking for will be the "Sessions over time" report. You can easily find this in your store admin by signing into your admin and using the Analytics tab on the right hand side. This will show you your dashboard and your daily analytic reports. From there, choose View Report in Online Store Sessions. You can change the date range and filter by a variety of data from there. 

You can also learn more about the analytics available in your store through our Help Center here: Shopify analytics · Shopify Help Center.

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @KellyMonster,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

Our app Better Reports can definitely help!

I believe Shay offered a solution to see online traffic data over time directly in Shopify reports. 

Better Reports can offer a solution related to sales. We offer a built-in report called 'Total orders by day and hour' that shows the lifetime order count by day and hour in a matrix format. This can be customized to filter for a specific date range or order channel, or other customizations to meet your specific report needs.

In addition to our custom report capabilities, we have more than 60 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs including sales, current inventory, refunds, payouts, and more. Our reports can even be scheduled to send at a set frequency to your email or Google Drive!

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.